Thread: Anyone fish the North Platte - Gray Reef and Miracle Mile ?

Default Anyone fish the North Platte - Gray Reef and Miracle Mile ?

I will be back there for a week next year and read that the fishing sounds pretty damn good. Anyone been back there and fished it? Any lodging or guiding recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I am not sure about the N Platte but the upper Colorado near Parshall is awesome. And you don't need a guide. It's getting cold in those parts now.

Hey Yubaman, there are a few places to stay in Alcova, which is at the top of the Gray Reef section: Sloanes General Store, the Reef Fly Shop, and the North Platte Lodge. All have websites. I’ve only stayed in the cabins at Sloanes. They’re pretty basic, but are clean and quiet. The Reef Fly Shop and the North Platte lodge both have guide services. There are a few fly shops in Casper that have guides too. I’ve never used a guide up there, so can’t recommend one over the other.
    FYI, the Miracle Mile section is about a 40 minute drive west from Alcova. There are some nice fish up there, but be prepared for windy conditions.
    Best of luck.
    patrick

I was at the mile this aug. there is no lodging that I know of. I have a shell on my truck with a sleeping set up. This is BLM land with free camping. The sites have fire rings, table and some have outhouses. You can get a guide for a float. It’s about 40 miles in from Sinclair Wy. There is also Siminole state park reservoir and pathfinder reservoir.

I was able to score a riverside cabin on a ranch. Step out the backdoor and you are fishing on the Gray Reef. We lined up 4 days of drifts in addition to 2 wading days. Looking very forward to this. The trip ends up with our younger daughter getting married in Casper!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5746CF12-EF07-42E3-97F0-D26A3DDBAA7A.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	259.3 KB 
ID:	17587Sounds like a cool fun trip.