Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower Sac Help

If you decided to do the kayak thing, you can pay for a shuttle to take your rig to the take out. I would recommend posse grounds to Bonnyview float, no major nasty water to deal with and its a short float. Just below Bonnyview is a very very nasty big swirly that will flip your kayak, you can of course walk it around on river left, but the float from Bonnyview to Anderson is a very long float.

Eggs caddis mayflies worms and big Jimmylegs have been working well. When I guide it this time of year, if they are keying in on the egg hard then I'll put the egg first then rubberlegs and caddis/mayflies or worm if they arent keying in hard on the egg ill run a jimmyleg caddis then an egg. You don't have to fish very deep, about 5ft from indicator to swivel then another 16" to first fly and so on. I usually have about 3 more feet above my bobber for adjusting depth. I don't adjust much on the Lower sac.

Good luck out there
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Clemens View Post
    If you decided to do the kayak thing, you can pay for a shuttle to take your rig to the take out. I would recommend posse grounds to Bonnyview float, no major nasty water to deal with and its a short float. Just below Bonnyview is a very very nasty big swirly that will flip your kayak, you can of course walk it around on river left, but the float from Bonnyview to Anderson is a very long float.

Eggs caddis mayflies worms and big Jimmylegs have been working well. When I guide it this time of year, if they are keying in on the egg hard then I'll put the egg first then rubberlegs and caddis/mayflies or worm if they arent keying in hard on the egg ill run a jimmyleg caddis then an egg. You don't have to fish very deep, about 5ft from indicator to swivel then another 16" to first fly and so on. I usually have about 3 more feet above my bobber for adjusting depth. I don't adjust much on the Lower sac.

Good luck out there
    Thank you for the tips, Brian! Ended up deciding not to do the kayak trip... I'm probably just gonna walk and wade... thinking turtle bay probably?

NK

Quote Originally Posted by Natekursow View Post
    Hopefully I'll encounter that kind of day! Sounds AMAZING! Care to say what you were using? Thanks!

NK
    Much like what Brian Clemens said. The leader started with a solid fairly large indicator, 3 ' to two splits shot, 18" big black rubber leg 18" to hard plastic red egg wedged 1 1/2" above hook then 18" to small Beadhead PMD emerger. It was challange to not tangle and fish were hitting them all.

Quote Originally Posted by RRmerlinv12 View Post
    Much like what Brian Clemens said. The leader started with a solid fairly large indicator, 3 ' to two splits shot, 18" big black rubber leg 18" to hard plastic red egg wedged 1 1/2" above hook then 18" to small Beadhead PMD emerger. It was challange to not tangle and fish were hitting them all.

Link to an older article that shows access points plus illustration of how to rig indicator and flies.

https://www.fishingtips101.com/favor...nto_river.html

Good luck and looking forward to your report.

Jim