Thread: Pyramid 10/4

Default Pyramid 10/4

First time at Pyramid in the fall. It's ridiculous. Brother in law and I fished 6hrs from pontoon boats in 15-30ft with sinking lines. Could see huge bait balls being attacked. Reminded me of ocean tuna fishing. Landed over 25 combined. BIL landed one well over 15lb. Net too small, tailed it and when trying to lift it for a photo it came alive, and ended up breaking off. Snapped my rod in 1/2 on the last hook set of the day! A should have been here yesterday day for sure! Katz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20211004_142227.jpeg 
Views:	234 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	17471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211004_174015.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	17470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211004_151323.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	17469  
    Last edited by Katz; 10-05-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

All these early fall fishing Pyramid stories are getting me thinking to try it. Thanks for sharing. Oh and sorry about your rod.
    Last edited by Quinnphoto; 10-05-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    First time at Pyramid in the fall. It's ridiculous. Brother in law and I fished 6hrs from pontoon boats in 15-30ft with sinking lines. Could see huge bait balls being attacked. Reminded me of ocean tuna fishing. Landed over 25 combined. BIL landed one well over 15lb. Net too small, tailed it and when trying to lift it for a photo it came alive, and ended up breaking off. Snapped my rod in 1/2 on the last hook set of the day! A should have been here yesterday day for sure! Katz
    Yeeeee Hawwwwww !!!!!

An epic day for you and your broother in law !!!!!!

Way to go on the fish .........not so much on your rod though.

And you and your BIL learned about using a Pyramid Lake sized net.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Good man! I can’t wait to get up there myself. It sounds like you need a float tube right now though!
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

I didn't see any fish from shore and almost no people trying. They are definitely on the baitballs. if you find a quick drop to 20 feet I would imagine you could reach them. But kicking really helped. K
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Great post Doc..................thanks.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........