Thread: Heenan 09/29/2021

Default Heenan 09/29/2021

So...................................

The last few days fisherman extraordinaire and master fishing guide Bill (Quinphoto) and I have been exchanging emails and FINALLY set today to meet up at Heenan.

As I pulled into the parking lot Bill was right behind me just a few minutes before 9:00 a.m..

We chatted a bit and watched several fish rise and decided to "get the show on the road" and chase 'em.

Well we fished for about 2 1/2 hours in the "rise area" and Bill hooked one while futzing with his line.
    Me..........nothing...............
    I did see a couple/few fish swim around my tube about 5-6 feet under me...........

Since not much "catching" was happening in the "rise area" we decided to move down the lake a bit.

Bill said he had a couple of hits trolling over to the new spot.

Nuthin' doing at the "new spot" for a couple more hours...........then.................magically.... ..............the Cutthroat feeding via indo switch turned on for me.

I started getting hits and LDR'ing fish at a pretty good clip and then landed my first of the day.
    Although it doesn't appear very large, It measured (ruler stenciled in my net) 21 inches.
    Hummm................... a rat!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bob.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	17460

Pheewwwwwww.......................
    It Felt REALLY good to get the skunk off my back.
    Thank you Bill for snapping a very rare picture of me and a fish !!!

Unfortunately, the fisherman extraordinaire and my master fishing guide Bill didn't fare as well.

Around 4:30 Bill decided to leave, we said our goodbyes, and promised to fish together again soon.

I was the LMS (or last man floating if you will) and I packed it in @ 5:30.

By the way Bill............ I have your walkie-talkie and I'll mail it to you tomorrow or the next.....sorry.

So, if I remember correctly (I'm VERY tired tonight), I went 8 for 15 with 4 LDR's and a broken off fish between 2:30 and 5:00.
    Sheesh............... I didn't even have to resort to the "secret stripping method" today either, but I wonder if I slayed 'em though.

For the ride home tonight........ a ham & cheese sandwich loaded with potato chips (for the crunch factor) and a small bottle of lime flavored sparkling water.

Dang Cutthroats.............................

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 09-29-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Bob you worked your ass off and it payed off. It was a blast to fish with you. Maybe next time you can show me how to fish Heenan