Thread: Dubbing brush

Default Dubbing brush

Hey guys,

I need somebody to make me a few dubbing brushes, I realize it a simple deal, however I am not sure I am going to go this direction on my new fly, so if i could buy a few first, that would be the way to go. I have the Yak hair, just need somebody to wind it up for me. I am willing to pay top price.

Carl Blackledge 707-489-9000

If no one local can help you out, I can certainly do it for you if you are not in a rush. I'll be out of town 10/3-8. But after that I can turn them around quickly.

Thank you Sir...please contact me when you return.
    carlblackiedge@aol.com
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 09-30-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    Hey guys,

I need somebody to make me a few dubbing brushes, I realize it a simple deal, however I am not sure I am going to go this direction on my new fly, so if i could buy a few first, that would be the way to go. I have the Yak hair, just need somebody to wind it up for me. I am willing to pay top price.

Carl Blackledge 707-489-9000
    Yeah the last time I went thru sportsmans I Rohnert t park the premade brushes selection was kinda weak.

I've worked for Sportsman's warehouse for the past 3 1/2 years and have never seen dubbing brushes come in the store. As a matter of fact we receive very little materials, mostly hooks.
    I have been making dubbing brushes every since they first came on the market. I was on the pro staff for Root's dubbing machines out of Canada. He had a good thing going until he ran out of money. To much advertising and not enough cash flow for the products. I still have 2 of the original dubbing machines and make brushes every now and then My brushes are made with llama hair and added some holographic material.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221