Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern Idaho/ western Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by steveg137 View Post
    Yes light snow in upper lost area last night and forecast for sun valley on Monday
    Yup, I’m in Boise now and change is in the air. Any thoughts on streamers for the SF of the Boise?

I've never fished it

I used streamers in silver creek last week before the cold snap, landed a few and lost a few - first time I've tried it and a change from size 22 baetis.

Wonder if the cold weather has slowed the streamer bite. High in sun valley today was 37 with 3 inches of snow. Last year I had 5 trips after this in October in float tube - hoping it warms up to allow me to do that again this year before the preserve closes.

Big time snow on the 15 corridor yesterday with supposedly a foot in Idaho Falls. My aunt in Logan Utah sent me a photo of 10” on their patio. Driggs didn’t get near as much. Not sure about Swan Valley reach. Back to the 50s and 60s by early next week.

How was your trip?

The South Fork fished great the last two days with small BWO patterns. It’s always tough to keep the big fish buttoned up on a size 18 hook but the action across the size spectrum of fish and species was nearly nonstop.