Thread: Los Angeles Bass Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Los Angeles Bass Fishing Report

I spent some days in Los Angeles and did not catch any bass. If you are looking for good bass fishing Los Angeles is not the place to go. I did snorkel one day down in Orange County and spotted some calico bass along with some garibaldis and a sheephead and a few other fish I did not recognize. That was pretty fun. The snorkeling report is good. I was also able to spot Balloon Dog which is kind of a cool piece of art. When I got back from Los Angeles I did go to the Delta where I was greeted with a nice sunrise and a fat top water largemouth. Light winds next week. Hopefully there is a passel of big bass waiting for me out there somewhere.

Nice looking bass John!

Great pictures as always John! I think sunrises give sunsets a run for their money.

I think the thread title qualifies as "clickbait" but super nice shots !

Odonata- Click bait, maybe but that was not my goal. I try to come up with something fresh. A Delta Today post every few days gets old. I like keep it interesting if I can. It would be nice if a few more people on this board made an effort to make an interesting post. I figured if I made an Oregon Bass post that was mostly about other things I could do it with Los Angeles. I went to the chiropractor yesterday. I might work that into my next bass fishing report.

I spent some time trying to figure out what your board name meant. I guessed it was some mash up of your first and last name but could not get it. I was driving one day and went past Odonata Farms and there was a dragonfly on the sign and I got it. Kind of funny.

The smiley face was my attempt at humor Clickbait or not, I'm guessing a lot of folks on this board look forward to seeing your posts, myself included.

Regarding my username -- when I was a kid I was interested in entomology. These days I enjoy tossing foam dragon and damselflies to the bass in the spring and summer when I can (and the trout too).

BTW I haven't been back to the ranch ponds in a while, but suspect the water situation is pretty dire up there, particularly for that lower pond. Have to make time to check out the delta ...