Thread: Any Delta Reports ?

Question Any Delta Reports ?

I've been listening to Bob Simms Outdoor show on Saturday mornings and I'm hearing some good reports then they seem to slow down or stop. It sounds like some stripers have started to move up into the delta , but the following week there's nothing.

Have any of you guys been out lately? The guys trolling and fishing bait over on the Sac seem to be picking up a few. A few salmon too.

What's the word?
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I have seen a couple of boats in the last week so the striper guys are starting to come out. One boat was trolling and had nothing. The other boat was still fishing and had a catfish. I have caught a few stripers while bass fishing but just small resident fish.

Was out last Saturday and missed one Giant fish out of the Sherman area and landed maybe 2 keeper size fish and handful of Dinks. Nothing wide open but that big momma my brother missed is haunting us. Headed out of Sherman Island again tomorrow. All fish came out of 7 ft of water or less on the incoming tide temps were 72. Hoping this recent storm finally flushes some water into the system and get these fish moving in.

Was lucky enough to get out back to back Saturdays. Found more general purpose fish to 6#'s this time around. Water temps still 71-72 all fish off 7 feet of water or less next to a ledge or current seam. Lots of reports are great out west. I think once they start moving in consistently it will be game on.

Not Yet. I think you hit right on the head Spicy. We got out Friday and covered a lot of miles with only one small fish to the boat.

They may be on their way but they're not here yet in any numbers. Those dredges at the mouth of False River are sure sturring up the mud and making visibility bad.
    Maybe once they take that rock dam out more of the fish will come in.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony,

The stripes are few of late, but the topwater bass are many.

Sorry, not quite up to John's bass pic standards. Ha ha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LMB - Mink Wall - 092321.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	468.9 KB 
ID:	17447

Best of luck,
    Dan

Headed out again tomorrow a little closer to home in Lodi from Sherman.

Will report back

Tough bite out of Korths Pirates Liar. Wind and tide together were a force to be reckon with in the pontoon boat. Ended up with 15 or so mixed bag fish with stripers to 19" and handful of largemouth to 2 lbs. The only fish we found were in a protected are in 10 feet of water with a nice current seem in the tule line. Still early but goo things to come I am sure. The dredging isn't helping but clarity was good.