Thread: Retirement fishing trip

Default Retirement fishing trip

Went fishing on Kevin Nakamaru's Northern Lights yesterday. It was a retirement gift from my sister, Kai Memmer. They were classmates at HPA.

We went out and got bait, live opelu early and put them in the ikimai, live bait well. Went to the grounds and first drop Eric got this nice Uku, jobfish.

We then picked up some aku for live bait and worked the grounds. Had several takes and misses and one almost spooled my wife Joy on an aku rod, but finally got this nice shibi on a live opelu. Joy, my wife also got to fight one of these but the tax collector showed up and took a bite.

It was a fun day and lots of fish to cut up and share with friends. Kevin is an awesome captain, and Kai is a great sister to give me such a great gift for my retirement. If you ever are in Kona and looking for a charter give Kevin a call and go out for a day on Northern Lights.
    Don Memmer

Retirement is looking good. It's the best thing for you, if you're able to do it early. after 17 years, I still don't regret it. I'm heading back down to baja in a few weeks and also planning a trip back to the islands some time next year, to see my old stomping grounds, hopefully.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

Geez, The Northern Lights is about as big name boat as you can find.

Glad you had a good day with family.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Hey Don,
    Your fishn with the big dogs!! Your sister must really like you, congrats on your retirement.
    Jim

Looks like everybody had fun! Nice sister to have, funny looking fly rods though.