Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DAVIS LAKE Car Top Boat launching area closures, Jenkins/CowCreek etc.

Default Access for car toppers on davis lake and other usfs lakes

HELLO MY FELLOW FLYFISHERMEN/WOMEN!

I have GOOD NEWS to report but the battle continues with the USFS PLUMAS COUNTY regarding car topper launching access at DAVIS LAKE/FRENCHMAN'S and around the country and YOUR HELP IS NEEDED NOW!

..... PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO THE USFS PLUMAS COUNTY CONTACTS I HAVE PROVIDED especially
    michael.rahe@usda.gov the NEW district ranger Plumas County who actually wants to hear your voice regarding issues of car topper shoreline launching access. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is send an email saying I need car topper access at DAVIS LAKE (Jenkins Point/Cow Creek etc). HE WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU! He asked me to reach out to the FLYFISHING COMMUNITY to get you guys/gals to send him input through emails.....SO DO IT NOW!!!!

I have been continually fighting and pounding the USFS Plumas County on this issue for YOU car toppers and disabled veterans/persons. Various disabled veterans organizations have become interested in USFS access....PVA Paralyzed Veterans of America, DAV Disabled American Veterans, WWP Wounded Warriors Project.

First of all I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to send an email to the USFS Christopher Carlton USFS Supervisor Plumas County, christopher.carlton@usda.gov and Erika Brenzovich erika.brenzovich@usda.gov.

The Plumas County USFS now has a NEW DISTRICT RANGER and he is interested in your issue and opinion regarding car topper launching access. He called me a few weeks ago and we spoke for close to an hour regarding access at Davis Lake and we scheduled a meeting at DAVIS LAKE for MAY 13 at 9:00 AM at Camp Five Davis Lake. He called me yesterday to confirm that meeting with me at DAVIS LAKE CAMP 5 and YOU ARE INVITED to attend if you can.
    He actually asked me about attendance by car toppers and car topper input, opinion, and needs and perspective.

SO IF YOU CAN ATTEND a MAY 13, 2022 9:00AM USFS MEETING with the FLYFISHING COMMUNITY @ Davis Lake Camp 5 point regarding access be there with me.

IF YOU CAN NOT ATTEND.....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.......just shoot off an EMAIL to Christopher Carlton christopher.carlton@usda.gov , Erika Brenzovich erika.brenzovich@usda.gov and the NEW (finally) DISTRICT RANGER Michael Rahe michael.rahe@usda.gov who has shown himself to be interested in issues of access for the car topper flyfishing community and disabled veterans and the disabled community.

So PLEASE send an email to the USFS. All you need to say in an email is I am unable to attend the May 13, 2022 USFS/Car Topper shoreline launching access meeting at Davis Lake Camp 5 but I am interested in seeing car topper shoreline launching access remain, restored at Davis Lake.

SIncerely THANK YOU.... and thank you to sfspey for your private message and you sending recent emails to USFS Plumas COunty.

PJB
    Last edited by FREEDOM-FLYFISHER; 05-08-2022 at 12:50 AM.

Chuck Campana and friends use to rough camp on the west side of Davis lake for decades.

City, county, state and federal governments all love to mess with "We the People".

240 years ago our government was supposed to controlled by the people.

Now the governments are in total control of us?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    Chuck Campana and friends use to rough camp on the west side of Davis lake for decades.

City, county, state and federal governments all love to mess with "We the People".

240 years ago our government was supposed to controlled by the people.

Now the governments are in total control of us?

I'd say that's part of their motivation for doing what they are doing as they have actually expressed that in so many words to me in our conference call I did December 3, 2021 with members of the USFS, Forest Supervisor CHristopher Carlton. That's their plan to close off all shoreline launching access around the lake they even mentioned that COw Creek was next. This has been decided by USFS committee and has been their direction they have been doing over several years. So they are moving in that direction and what has happened recently at Jenkins point. So that direction is hard to reverse but at least now they are willing to listen to the community and take input.

One other major problem with the USFS is that they are extremely clueless as to the needs for car topper shoreline launching access. These people working at the USFS Plumas COunty just don't understand the use of the lake by flyfishermen launching prams and small car topped watercraft, car topping from the shoreline. That is why I am posting this here as NEW District Ranger Michael Rahe michael.rahe@usda.gov has asked that I help to get him input from the flyfishing community (car toppers) regarding the need for shoreline access for launching. He actually wants to hear from you.

If you have issue with the USFS closing off shoreline launching access around DAVIS LAKE please take a minute to send an email to michael.rahe@usda.gov expressing your view points about DAVIS LAKE car topper access particularly the planned closure of Jenkins Point/Cow Creek etc.

SO NOW!!!! is the time to send an email to michael.rahe@usda.gov because he wants input from members of the flyfishing community (car toppers) ......just one sentence saying you want/need car topper shoreline launching access at DAVIS LAKE Jenkins Point and around the lake will help.
    Last edited by FREEDOM-FLYFISHER; 05-08-2022 at 12:41 AM.

Default REMINDER....USFS site vist @ Davis Lake Camp 5, this Friday May 13, 2022, 9:00am

******USFS site visit to DAVIS LAKE to discuss and evaluate access, CAMP 5 POINT 9:00am Friday May 13, 2022.*********

You are encouraged to attend.
    The more people that get involved with this issue the better chance we have on saving Davis Lake (and elsewhere) for car topper shoreline launching access and parking areas on various points, Jenkins, Cow creek etc.
    They want to hear what YOU have to say. They actually are open to reversing their planned policy of closing off all shoreline access at Davis Lake IF THE COMMUNITY demands it. BUT They won't reverse their plans if no one cares and no one speaks up. They will just go ahead with their plans and close off everything. Cow Creek is next on their agenda.

I realize many of you won't be able to attend this USFS site visit meeting to discuss access at Davis Lake. That's OK. I will of course be there advocating on your behalf. If you can make it that would be great. It should be a good weekend of fishing with nice warm upper 70's low 80's temperatures which should get the bugs going.

***********If you can't attend but do care about issues of access for yourself and your fellow flyfishermen/women then PLEASE take a moment of your time to do something for your fellow flyfishermen/women and the flyfishing community.***********

Even if you aren't a car topper or you don't fish Davis Lake please just send a brief email to Michael Rahe, michael.rahe@usda.gov Christopher Carlton, christopher.carlton@usda.gov Erika Brenzovich, erika.brenzovich@usda.gov. on behalf of your fellow flyfishing community.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is type up a few sentences in an email asking the "USFS to preserve, restore and save shoreline access for users" THAT"S IT!!!!! Just a few words, a few sentences will make a BIG DIFFERENCE. If no one speaks up then they will just close off everything at the lake as they have planned. 4000+ have viewed this thread. IF 1% of you took a few moments to send an email this issue would be over with, done and we saved access.

IF you aren't impacted by the proposed closures at Davis Lake perhaps you care about the impact it has on someone else....your flyfishing community. DO IT for your fellow flyfishermen/women the flyfishing community. Or do it because you just care about issues of flyfishing access in general. Or do it because you hate over reaching federal government agencies and policies that impact individual freedoms. DO it for the disabled veteran that suffered a spinal cord injury or had both his legs blow off and uses a wheelchair and needs to off load a kayak close to the waters edge. OR maybe do it for a former friend who was a car topper pram flyfisherman that is no longer with us.
    Please just send a few emails...no matter your motivation. We all have different reasons but many of our reasons and interest coincide as flyfishermen/women. Also please reach out to any and all flyfishermen/women personal friends you may know that may be interested, fly shops you frequent, flyfishing groups and organizations, flyfishing clubs that you are involved with and let people know the issue and that they can help by simply sending a few emails. We need ALL THE HELP we can get!

So if you do take a few moments of your time to send a few emails THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Thanks to STU and sfspey for your efforts sending emails.

GOOD FISHING TO ALL!!!

PJB

HELLO,

First of all let me apologize for not keeping you updated and responding on this issue.
    Unfortunately I have had various personal health setbacks and on top of that my computer has been in the computer repair show since MARCH so I have been off the internet.

OK,

Let me say THANK YOU!!! EACH AND EVERYONE ONE YOU THAT SENT EMAILS TO THE US FOREST SERVICE REGARDING THIS ISSUE.

EARLY MAY I MET WITH THE USFS AND 4 PERSONNEL AT CAMP 5 DAVIS LAKE. I DID THE best I could to explain the issues for YOU the able bodied car topper and the needs of shoreline access for persons with disabilities.

SYNOPSIS. I met with 4 persons from the USFS Plumas county, Chris Carlton (USFS Supervisor), Erika Brenzovich, Michael Rahe (New Plumas COunty District Ranger), Kaitlyn McGlamery at Camp 5 and we discussed access for everyone and I thought they were concerned about disabled access and access for car toppers.

We went around the lake from CAMP 5 to Jenkins Point and I tried to explain to them the need for this access point. Jenkins, Cow Creek, Lightning Tree etc..COW CREEK is the #1 access point for launching car top boats and getting to the weed beds for damsel flyfishing to Fugawee, Freeman Cove and around the north west area of the lake which has the best damsel flyfishing during late mAY, june and early july.

So basically I think they got it. They were very nice and tried to understand the issues. UNFORTUNATELY they repeatedly tried to fall back on UNITED STATES government laws and some BS about how the US Government says we can do this or that closing off access.

They said they will not close off Jenkins Point at this time. This is what they said. Whether I believe them I DO NOT believe ANY GOVERNMENT official. I go by what I believe it when I see it.
    So we shall see where they put all those boulders at Jenkins Point.

ANYWAY ONCE AGAIN......THANK YOU...THANK ALL OF YOU THAT EMAILED USFS!!!! I AM TELLING YOU YOUR EFFORT HELPED DRAMATICALLY.!!!!!

WE SHALL SEE WHAT HAPPENS HERE.
    Last edited by FREEDOM-FLYFISHER; 06-25-2022 at 10:18 AM.