Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DAVIS LAKE Car Top Boat launching area closures, Jenkins/CowCreek etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    3rd time commenting on this issue. I've been in this fight for 50 years. Plain and simple, follow the money. Congressman LaMalfa has directed the Plumas to monetize the forest in every way possible. To this end the USFS Plumas has contracted with Outdoors in Plumas to do just that. The Plumas is now charging $10.00 to WALK in to see Frazier Falls, Mt Hough, and Mills Peak. Lake Davis is simply a whiff in the wind. The plan is to direct traffic to pay to play launch sites such as Camp 5, Mallard and Lightning Tree. If you want a season pass, you have to pay for EACH launch site on Davis. I admire your effort, but you are barking up the wrong tree. This is a congressional issue and the district ranger will not risk losing his/her job to skirt LaMalfa's directive. Petition LaMalfa, NOT the forest service. And vote to replace LaMalfa when the time comes.
    Feel free to lead the charge against LaMalfa. He isn't my congressman so I can't cast a vote to replace him. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FREEDOM-FLYFISHER View Post
    Feel free to lead the charge against LaMalfa. He isn't my congressman so I can't cast a vote to replace him. Good Luck!
    You can believe I've been on it! LaMalfa isn't going to budge, regardless, but visitors coming into his district do have a voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    You can believe I've been on it! LaMalfa isn't going to budge, regardless, but visitors coming into his district do have a voice.
    I again called all 4 of LaMalfa offices, got through in Redding I think it was, about 3 weeks ago and got through to an office worker. She didn't want to hear from me as I am not one of his constituents. If you are not a constituent you can't even email him and his website will block you if you don't enter the correct zip code I believe it was.

We are fighting against losing car top launching access at Jenkins and Cow Creek. If they want to allow us to continue to launch at Jenkins/Cow Creek as we have been doing without crowded crammed parking and not stop car top launching but want to charge a fee then that is ok with me. What can I/we really say to that? They charge fees everywhere these days, every state park, Yosemite, Yellowstone, camping fees everywhere, boat launching fees etc. They are doing developments all around Davis lake that is getting paid for by somebody....City of Portola doesn't want to pay, Plumas COunty doesn't want to pay, who is going to pay for all that development, the parking lots, roads being paved, camp grounds, and boat ramps etc?

They are going to squeeze money out of somebody to pay for all that. It's either going to be the residents of Plumas County with higher taxes or users. If it was up to me, if I were king, I would rather the entire lake to be undeveloped like it once was. I don't need a paved road. I don't need a concrete boat ramp. I don't need camp grounds, I don't need a paved parking lot, I surely don't need a useless boondoggle disabled fishing jetty that is high and dry 95% of the time anyway and no one can use even if they wanted to. As much as I don't like it if I have to fork out money for some launching pass then that is that and I will pay if the lake is fishing halfway decently as it has been in the past.
    I/we (car toppers) just don't want to lose those launching areas of Jenkins/Cow Creek as they are vital to getting to fishing areas safely.

LaMalfa may steer USFS direction to a certain extent but we also have our voice too and input and right now the USFS is finally listening and researching car topping needs at Davis Lake so we need to speak up and see what plays out. If flyfishermen/women speak up and email and/or call the USFS contacts I provided (particularly, USFS Forest Supervisor Christopher Carlton Christopher.Carlton@usda.gov p:530-283-7810 c:530-927-7713)
    we just might actually succeed. We'll see. So I encourage everyone to do so.....

GOOD LUCK! GOOD FISHING!
    Last edited by FREEDOM-FLYFISHER; 09-17-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    Actually what is really sad is the younger generations that have succumbed to the indoctrination that you should not think for yourself. Instead of standing up for what you believe is right, your government knows what is best for you. They will teach you that in schools, through the media and on the Internet. They want you to learn that you should not question their authority on such matters.

As we get further and further away from the Revolutionary war the generations forget the lessons of the past and rely on the government to provide all the answers. The older generations knew that governments are basically a necessity but, they have to be watched carefully as they tend to become more corrupt the longer they stay in power. There is an old saying that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. That is why older people with their vast wealth of experience should not be taken lightly, they have seen the changes and know what those changes lead us to.

Take an older person to lunch today, then just listen, you may learn something.

Regards,
    Tim C
    Nice post, nice rebuttal!!!! .... You know what?....I would LOVE IT if you put your writing skills, intellect, and opinion to use and take a few minutes of your time to send an email and/or make a phone call to USFS Forest Supervisor Christopher Carlton, Christopher.Carlton@usda.gov p:530-283-7810 c:530-927-7713 helping your fellow flyfishermen/women regarding the closures of car top launching access at Davis Lake, Jenkins Point/Cow Creek/Camp 5 etc. Can we count on you? We need your HELP. We need all the help we can get. Fight the USFS closures.
    GOOD FISHING!
    Last edited by FREEDOM-FLYFISHER; 09-18-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonata View Post
    It's sad to read about elderly folks falling victim to conspiracy theories.
    You know what's really sad??????.....Flyfishermen/women that are too gutless or lazy to support their fellow flyfishermen/women. That's SAD!
    Have you sent an email or made a call to USFS Forest Supervisor Christopher Carlton, Christopher.Carlton@usda.gov p:530-283-7810 c:530-927-7713 on behalf of your fellow flyfishermen/women? We need YOUR HELP. Fight the USFS, not your fellow flyfishermen/women.

GOOD FISHING!
    Last edited by FREEDOM-FLYFISHER; 09-18-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Okay FF, I will send out an email this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    Okay FF, I will send out an email this weekend.
    Awesome! Thank you very much! We need all the help we can get. Every voice counts and helps. The more people that contact the USFS the better.

GOOD FISHING!