Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DAVIS LAKE Car Top Boat launching area closures, Jenkins/CowCreek etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    Done thanks for doing this.

Not a problem. THANK YOU for taking the time to send some emails.

I haven't been able to fish for going on 4+ years now due to a variety of health issues but I will be damned if I will go to my grave watching the USFS destroy access for disabled veterans/persons that I have been able to enjoy for some 35+ years at Davis Lake. SO that's my motivation......and of course others ( general car toppers) benefit too.

GOOD FISHING TO YOU!

What was the outcome of the May meeting? Does anyone know the status of putting in at Jenkins and Cow Creek access?
    Doublehaulin' for Stripers

Anyone have a report on the fishing at Davis lately?

Response a few weeks ago. Yeah!

Jenkins will remain open for shoreline access and cartop launching. We will be placing some rock barriers to keep vehicles from driving off the point at some time in the future. This will not prohibit your access to the point.

Erika Brenzovich
    Recreation and Lands Program Manager
    Forest Service
    Plumas National Forest, Supervisor's Office
    office: 530-283-7798
    mobile: 530-927-8532
    erika.brenzovich@usda.gov
    159 Lawrence St.
    Quincy, CA 95971
    www.fs.fed.us

Caring for the land and serving people

HELLO,

First of all let me apologize for not keeping you updated and responding on this issue.
    Unfortunately I have had various personal health setbacks and on top of that my computer has been in the computer repair show since MARCH so I have been off the internet.

OK,

Let me say THANK YOU!!! EACH AND EVERYONE ONE YOU THAT SENT EMAILS TO THE US FOREST SERVICE REGARDING THIS ISSUE.

EARLY MAY I MET WITH THE USFS AND 4 PERSONNEL AT CAMP 5 DAVIS LAKE. I DID THE best I could to explain the issues for YOU the able bodied car topper and the needs of shoreline access for persons with disabilities.

SYNOPSIS. I met with 4 persons from the USFS Plumas county, Chris Carlton (USFS Supervisor), Erika Brenzovich, Michael Rahe (New Plumas COunty District Ranger), Kaitlyn McGlamery at Camp 5 and we discussed access for everyone and I thought they were concerned about disabled access and access for car toppers.

We went around the lake from CAMP 5 to Jenkins Point and I tried to explain to them the need for this access point. Jenkins, Cow Creek, Lightning Tree etc..COW CREEK is the #1 access point for launching car top boats and getting to the weed beds for damsel flyfishing to Fugawee, Freeman Cove and around the north west area of the lake which has the best damsel flyfishing during late mAY, june and early july.

So basically I think they got it. They were very nice and tried to understand the issues. UNFORTUNATELY they repeatedly tried to fall back on UNITED STATES government laws and some BS about how the US Government says we can do this or that closing off access.

They said they will not close off Jenkins Point at this time. This is what they said. Whether I believe them I DO NOT believe ANY GOVERNMENT official. I go by what I believe it when I see it.
    So we shall see where they put all those boulders at Jenkins Point.

ANYWAY ONCE AGAIN......THANK YOU...THANK ALL OF YOU THAT EMAILED USFS!!!! I AM TELLING YOU YOUR EFFORT HELPED DRAMATICALLY.!!!!!

WE SHALL SEE WHAT HAPPENS HERE.
    Last edited by FREEDOM-FLYFISHER; 06-25-2022 at 10:11 AM.