Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heenan Lake 2021 Regulation Changes

Now the internet knows, the crowds will come!

But on what day of the week?

For those who think I am doing a disservice to a small lake and its secrets I just sent this response to a pm from someone who thought I should keep my mouth shut.

I checked a publication I bought years ago and you might know of it or have it by Bill Sinderland. The first book was published in 2001 so over twenty years ago. In it he speaks of Heenan Lake and how he doesn't really enjoy going anymore becasue he has to put up with 30 float tubers on the water. I have never even seen close to that twenty years later. So I am suspect of anyone claiming that there are more fisherman today and more coming becasue of a post in Kienes forum except last year due to covid. I like visiting all kind of bodies of waters at certain times of the year. I love reading other's posts as well. I used to be paralyzed without the ability to walk due to an accident for a short time in my life years ago. I would vicariously live through the posters at the time and appreciated their sharing of stories on different waters and travels. I am not trying for self gratification as you call it. I'm sorry you feel that way but my purpose is to share information that can bring joy and outdoor recreational happiness to others.

Covids been bad crowd wise for outdoor recreation everywhere. The amount of people in the backcountry not burying their waste etc has been extremely disheartening. That said heenans hardly a secret. Havent fished it a few years and might actually go this year as im assuming the crowds will be better being open more than 3 days a week for a small window.

Yes, not a secret but the more things get publicized and talked about on the inerweb the more pressure comes to those fisheries. The internet has ruined a lot of cherished waters. Just keep things to yourselves and let people do their own homework!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    Just keep things to yourselves and let people do their own homework!
    Whom are you to tell people what they can and can't do?

Now the internet knows, the crowds will come!
    I think I first went to Heenan in 1988 or 1989 and it was not a secret then. I think the pressure from the Kiene's Forum will be pretty minimal with the 1 or 2 posts per day that occur here.

Yes, not a secret but the more things get publicized and talked about on the inerweb the more pressure comes to those fisheries. The internet has ruined a lot of cherished waters. Just keep things to yourselves and let people do their own homework!
    EXACTLY. I've always hated Outside and Sunset magazines for their never ending exposés of "secret places". The internet is worse by a factor of 1,000.