Thread: Oregon Bass Fishing Report

Default Oregon Bass Fishing Report

I did some bass fishing in Oregon and the report on that is that it was not great. I fished some shallow coastal lakes that did not have many fish but were close by so not a big effort. One of the lakes I fished was 65 acres, weedy and about 4 feet deep so you can't expect much. I caught fish the first five days I fished. The last two days I planned to get a bass photo for a post but I got the skunk both days so no bass photo. I did fish the ocean one day for coho and crab. They were biting well and we got back before the wind got going so all was good. I fished for halibut one day also. That was a long, rough day with a lot of tangled lines and not enough halibut. It made me want to not do that again but we'll see. The blue shark hanging around the boat did get his halibut so he had a good day. I did some logging road hiking with my dog and got a couple of good pictures. She had a crazy disease last year and looked like she was going to die but by some miracle did not so it is nice to have her around. The blueberries were ripe and cheap at the u-pick-em so I ate about 40 pounds of them. Cool weather and no smoke. Fun times.

Last edited by John H; 08-11-2021 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    I did some bass fishing in Oregon and the report on that is that it was not great. I fished some shallow coastal lakes that did not have many fish but were close by so not a big effort. One of the lakes I fished was 65 acres, weedy and about 4 feet deep so you can't expect much. I caught fish the first five days I fished. The last two days I planned to get a bass photo for a post but I got the skunk both days so no bass photo. I did fish the ocean one day for coho and crab. They were biting well and we got back before the wind got going so all was good. I fished for halibut one day also. That was a long, rough day with a lot of tangled lines and not enough halibut. It made me want to not do that again but we'll see. The blue shark hanging around the boat did get his halibut so he had a good day. I did some logging road hiking with my dog and got a couple of good pictures. She had a crazy disease last year and looked like she was going to die but by some miracle did not so it is nice to have her around. The blueberries were ripe and cheap at the u-pick-em so I ate about 40 pounds of them. Cool weather and no smoke. Fun times.

You lead a boring life John lol. I’d rather work… not!!! 6 more years. … and your dogs a total poser!! Made my day

Wonderful John.................

Head to the Pacific coast to get cool in the summer.........in the 60 degree area.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thank you John, I really enjoy your posts.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Jake B View Post
    You lead a boring life John lol. I’d rather work… not!!! 6 more years. … and your dogs a total poser!! Made my day
    Thanks John for sharing your trip. Stories and your pics are great.

Great post and photos as usual, John. Glad your girl is still with you and enjoying every day.

That last picture of your pup is beautiful! She’s focused in on the beauty around her.

My dog does like a good view spot.

On the halibut boat I caught an arrowtooth flounder which they said was no good to eat but I kept it anyway. The internet said it was made into a powder and fed to livestock as supplemental protein. I cooked it three days and fed it to the two dogs we had there. They wolfed it down like it was spring chinook. I now say arrowtooth flounder is my dog’s favorite fish. If I ever catch another one I am keeping it for the dog.

'bass fishing report'

First pic is some nice and shiny CHROME!!

What an amazing trip. Living the dream.