Thread: Anyone own the new OUTCAST OSG Clearwater?

Default Anyone own the new OUTCAST OSG Clearwater?

Anyone in the Sacramento to Butte County area own the new OUTCAST OSG Clearwater?

I am thinking about buying one but want to see it in person first. I am very familiar w/ these type of boats and at different times own/ed both the Watermaster & Waterstrider rafts. This raft meets a few things on my list that the others do not and I need to see and want to feel the material on this raft.

If I can't see it in person, I would love to talk w/ someone who owns one if you are open to it.

Send IM if you have one, even if you don't live in the area.

Thank you!
    Last edited by itsbenlong; 08-06-2021 at 11:28 PM.

Not my thread, but this has some useful info in it from an owner.

https://www.washingtonflyfishing.com...hreads/161927/

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Not my thread, but this has some useful info in it from an owner.

https://www.washingtonflyfishing.com...hreads/161927/
    Yep.. thank you... That was some great info.... However I have seen that one and nearly everything else written and photographed about this raft I'm just not going to buy one unless I could see one in person.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbenlong View Post
    Yep.. thank you... That was some great info.... However I have seen that one and nearly everything else written and photographed about this raft I'm just not going to buy one unless I could see one in person.

itsbenlong- 100% with you. No reason to hurry. Looking forward to hearing what you decide after you see one.

Jim

I ordered one about a month or so ago.
    I was told it should be in by Thanksgiving.
    Now the guy at the shop says they are delaying it longer due to Covid overseas where they are material comes from

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    itsbenlong- 100% with you. No reason to hurry. Looking forward to hearing what you decide after you see one.

Jim
    I'll reach out and let you know if I do get the chance to check one out......

Quote Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
    I ordered one about a month or so ago.
    I was told it should be in by Thanksgiving.
    Now the guy at the shop says they are delaying it longer due to Covid overseas where they are material comes from
    Hey "geedavell".....I reserved one from a Fly Shop in Washington about 4 months ago and kept checking w/ OutCast when they would receive them. The shop was supposed to have OutCast drop ship the raft to me and I would pay the shop directly. As soon as OutCast received them before calling the Fly Shop I checked w/ them to see if they knew about my order to Drop Ship to me and they looked it up in their system and verified me to confirm. I hung up, called the fly shop and while they were taking my credit card information - I could hear the guy who told me they would reserve one for me in the background telling the guy I was on the phone w/ that he never promised me anything. I asked them how OutCast has my info for a raft and he just said he doesn't know why. Anyway, he sold it to someone local I assume.

So, I was pissed at first but now it gives me time to find one to check out first. I just wanted it for Steelhead this fall but if the water situation doesn't change, I am not going to mess w/ those fish until it does.

Hope you get yours soon!