Thread: McCloud trip

Default McCloud trip

I'm talking to some of my out of state buddies about setting up a trip to the McCloud. Any suggestions on where to camp or best times to go? I'm leaning towards October or November... preferably while it's still warm so we can camp off the grid with hammocks.

Oct/Nov can both be good but Oct would probably be nicer weather.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Going to the McCloud in October can be great, but throughout that time frame the browns are spawning and you have to be pretty selective to not fish to them

We have decided 3rd weekend of October works for everyone. I'm not familiar with the area so I'm hoping for some suggestions on where to camp. Some people will be with tents but a few have hammocks. We are totally down to camp "rough it "style because paying to sleep in the dirt doesn't make sense to us. Does anyone have an idea of logging roads or pull-outs that we can post up?

The Upper Sac is also go at this time?

Check with Bob Grace at the Ted Fay Fly Shop in Dunsmuir for current info and good flies.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

We have decided 3rd weekend of October works for everyone. I'm not familiar with the area so I'm hoping for some suggestions on where to camp. Some people will be with tents but a few have hammocks. We are totally down to camp "rough it "style because paying to sleep in the dirt doesn't make sense to us. Does anyone have an idea of logging roads or pull-outs that we can post up?
    You can try to get a spot at ah di na Campground but could be crowded especially on weekends. If you drive below ah di na theres dispersed camping spots. Those also fill up but ive never had trouble finding a place to sleep in the back of my truck. I also like hiking down the pacific crest trail and camping in the canyon. Spots to pitch a tent can be hard to find so i also pack a hammack to set up also