Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOST my passport in Mexico-how to get home

Larry,

Thank you for posting that...I been trying to tell these guys the same thing...you can't fly across any international boarder in a plane without a passport , in fact they won't even let you get on the plane....If the little wallet card worked everywhere why even have the larger one? walking across the boarder is different then flying across. When I was stuck in Mexico I called everybody I knew for help, everybody I knew said the same thing and I am trying to explain here. I only posted this trying to maybe help some other poor bastard that gets in the same position I was in.

Carl
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 07-26-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Carl,
    I should have mentioned that my nephew and his wife flew out of TJ's airport, which probably
    accounted for that result.
    Glad you did make it back! You certainly can relate to the Grateful Dead's "What a long strange
    trip it's been!"
    Best to you,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego

Carl, curious if the Covid testing results had any additional strain on re-entry into the US? Are there safes in the Oasis rooms that could have kept your passport secure until your departure?

Gitt,

USA requires you to pass a Covid test within 72 hours of re-entering the Country, However if you walk across the boarder "NOBODY" asked me for a test even though I did have a valid test and a certificate to prove it.

The Oasis does have saftey deposit boxes to use for your valuables. I lost my passport from the best I can tell from the entry point of the airport to the hotel. Yes I searched everywhere even went to "lost and found" and called the police to see if anybody turned it in

Carl

Thanks for the clarifications. What an adventure in seeking a return to the US without the need to enter illegally. I am not quite certain a wall would have kept you out. I hope you are able to get replacement documents before your next trip outside our borders and appreciate you sharing your firsthand experience.

Gitt,

Yes it was quite an experience. I came home 2 weeks earlier then I wanted too cause it was bothering me so much and all the bull shit everybody were telling me, after weeding through all of the bull I took off and walked across the boarder and I did it legally...hope this helps somebody else who was dump enough to lose there pass port

Next year I will go for 2 months. I will stick my passport in my lock box at the hotel and just carry my temporary Visa. If you lose the temporary visa it's only a $50.00 fine...still a bargain.

Carl Blackledge
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 07-26-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Maybe your passport was stolen by someone so they could get across the border? Lots of corruption down there.

Mark,

I don't think it was stolen. I think I dropped it as I left the airport, I know the passport never made to the hotel. anyway I made it home and lived to tell about it. I had planned to go back in October, too bad I won't have a new passport in time for that trip. Carl