Thread: Old Guy Backcountry Trips?

Default Old Guy Backcountry Trips?

For the last decade or so, I’ve fallen in with a bad crowd - backpackers. I would contrast that with me, who was always a fisherman who backpacks. While I have seen some spectacular country, and fished some amazing waters, the hike all day, camp, then pack it all up and do it again tomorrow (and the next day, and the next, and the next, and the next, and the next…) was never my first love. The 14 mile, 4000 elevation gain on the Rae Lakes Loop (and ensuing 7000’ drop over the next day and a half) beat this 57 year old body up more than I’d expected last month.

I’d love to get back to more fishing trips, ie 2 days in, lay over and fish from a base camp for a couple of days, 2 days out. Would prefer to limit myself to 10 miles and 1500-2000 foot elevation gain per day if possible, and Heritage Trout are always preferred. Anybody willing to share info about trips that meet that criteria? PM me if you prefer, or I can meet you at a couple of places in Old Town Folsom and the bourbon is on me.

Wayne

All we need is a small Bell 2 person helicopter on floats?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Doesn’t fit in a backpack, Bill. And WAYYYY too heavy…

Ooh... heli-fishing. I always wanted to go heli-skiing but I'm starting to be of the age where heli-fishing might be a better option.