Thread: Outcast Pontoon valve replacement question

Default Outcast Pontoon valve replacement question

Have a very slow leak from one of my valves, thinking of replacing both as the boat is at least 15 years. Looking online it appears to be the Leafield C7 valve. Found the same ones the boat has, made by AIRE, on the scadden website for $29 each, but also saw the same valve made by NRS for cheaper. Assuming they are compatible, but has anyone used one of the NRS on your outcast? Also, i saw a video scadden made showing how to repair valve seal with aquaseal? Is a valve leak usually the seal/gasket? Or multiple parts that can go out? Thank you for any help.

NRS stuff is high quality and I wouldn't hesitate to use their products. You might want to call them and ask if it's compatible (it probably is). They are very knowledgeable. It'll help to have a valve wrench to get the valve apart and tight again.

Thanks Tahoe Joe, will get in touch with NRS as you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcolin View Post
    Have a very slow leak from one of my valves, thinking of replacing both as the boat is at least 15 years. Looking online it appears to be the Leafield C7 valve. Found the same ones the boat has, made by AIRE, on the scadden website for $29 each, but also saw the same valve made by NRS for cheaper. Assuming they are compatible, but has anyone used one of the NRS on your outcast? Also, i saw a video scadden made showing how to repair valve seal with aquaseal? Is a valve leak usually the seal/gasket? Or multiple parts that can go out? Thank you for any help.

Why not get it from Outcast so you'd be sure it is the correct valve? Plus, you will need a "valve wrench" that is for the specific valve.

Call Outcast Cust Service and they should be able to tell you if you can repair the valve or need to replace it. I know few years ago Outcast used to sell a Valve Repair Kit. $10 or so more is worth it in my book to be 100% certain you are safe on the water.

Make sure you do not over tighten the replacement valve. Easy to do and easy to ruin the valve.

Link to Outcast valves web page:

https://www.outcastboats.com/product/inflation-valves/

Jim
    Last edited by JayDubP; 07-24-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    Why not get it from Outcast so you'd be sure it is the correct valve? Plus, you will need a "valve wrench" that is for the specific valve.

Call Outcast Cust Service and they should be able to tell you if you can repair the valve or need to replace it. I know few years ago Outcast used to sell a Valve Repair Kit. $10 or so more is worth it in my book to be 100% certain you are safe on the water.
    M
    Make sure you do not over tighten the replacement valve. Easy to do and easy to ruin the valve.

Link to Outcast valves web page:

https://www.outcastboats.com/product/inflation-valves/

Jim
    Yeah when you put it that way it does seem silly to want to save a few bucks on something so critical when youre out on the water. Think i have the valve wrench the boat came with, thank you for the tip Jim on not overtightening the replacement valve. Had the boat out on the napa river today and the leak is so slow that it didnt become noticeably less firm after 4 hours but still want to get it fixed as its been such a great boat.

The replacement bladder I got from Outcast for my Prowler float tube included a summitII valve that is identical to the one I bought from NRS.

I ordered my replacement bladder and valve for my discovery 9 and they were awesome,quick service and they cut me a deal. Outcast stands by their products. I would check with them first.