Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Valley Reservoir info

Default Lake Valley Reservoir info

Has anyone tried it this year? I was (also) thinking of going to Fuller but haven't had much success there. Any info on water levels, etc. appreciated! PM if you like.

Never fished lake valley res. Fished Fuller 3-4 weeks ago. Water temp felt cool. Lots of fish was in there, must have planted. Lots of cookie cutters 10-14 inch rage. A few browns caught 12-14 inch. Flys used black sheep creeks and olive damsel pattern.

Thanks Smitty. Glad to hear you had success. I intended to go out a few weeks ago after it got planted but never made it.

What type of line worked best for you?

Thanks again!

Used a full sink type 6 got most of the fish mostly browns. Clear intermediate was the other. Water levels were down a little. Good luck where ever you go!

I fished it several weeks ago for the first time. Pulled a gold and orange streamer in about a size 10, also tied on a 14 PT nymph as a dropper. Caught many 10-11 inch rainbows and in the evening Caught fish on every other cast with a size 16 Griffiths Gnat when they started feeding. Once again small fish, but plentiful. The only issue is the boat ramp is long and steep. I put together my pontoon up at the top and drove it down to the water. Used clear I ntermediate sink tip.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFisher007 View Post
    I fished it several weeks ago for the first time. Pulled a gold and orange streamer in about a size 10, also tied on a 14 PT nymph as a dropper. Caught many 10-11 inch rainbows and in the evening Caught fish on every other cast with a size 16 Griffiths Gnat when they started feeding. Once again small fish, but plentiful. The only issue is the boat ramp is long and steep. I put together my pontoon up at the top and drove it down to the water. Used clear I ntermediate sink tip.
    Just to clarify, you're referring to Lake Valley Res. or Fuller Lake? This thread took a detour. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Just to clarify, you're referring to Lake Valley Res. or Fuller Lake? This thread took a detour. Thanks.
    Exactly................

I was wondering the same thing myself...................

Bob

Fuller is what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Fish View Post
    Fuller is what I was talking about.
    Maybe I'll have to check out Lake Valley Reservoir myself. DFG shows it was planted in May and June...

My post was about Lake Valley