Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Worm Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
    To make a ned rig fly, I. use a large scud hook with lead eyes. I dub the body, wrap a turn or two of hen hackle then use a variegated strip of magnum rabbit. Same design as the loco moco carp fly. I have some under water video of the fly in action that I shot in my pool.
    I'd love to see that video footage Jay.

I will check out the Ned Rig. There are a lot of different rigs in bass fishing. I hear the names but mostly don’t know what they are. The problem with jigging and bouncing worms on the fly rod is feeling the fly and the bite. A bobber partially solves that but has drawbacks of its own that offset the benefits. My quest for bass on the fly rod is heading to Oregon to fish a small coastal lake. I will post something in a few weeks when I get back. I am not expecting big fish but you never know. We are also doing a Pacific City dory trip and a halibut day so hopefully seafood will be caught and eaten. I want to get on a tuna boat but I don’t think that is going to work out.

DP - I am reading your half pounder book right now. Good stuff. Thanks for writing it. I should be very knowledgeable about the half pounder when I go to catch some at the Klamath in October.