Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The number one trout stream in America?

Thanks the tales from way back Gene, always love hearing the history behind my favorite places. I fished Bunker Lake years ago and caught many Brookies. Went back a few years ago and no fish to be seen, don't know what happened to them.
    Thanks for adding to the story.
    Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Well, since we're all being honest here I should probably add that I'd missed Bunker lake on my way down. When it was getting dark and I knew I'd screwed up it was too late to do anything about it. But I was backpacking and had everything I needed to overnight so I just made camp on the hillside over looking Hell Hole Res. In the morning after a more careful reading of my topo map I found Bunker Lake.
    This my friends is how adventures are made. Go out and screw up, you never know what's going to happen.

That right there is the essence of wilderness travel. I've found so many jewels in the Sierras by screwing up it would make your head spin.
    That is honest to god truth.
    Just be willing to go out and risk it.
    Just go looking.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Love the Green, fished it with both my Dad and my Son. Doug Roberts with Old Moe is a great guide. There are plenty of perfect trout streams, but the Green is one of the best floats you can do. I also love the Upper Green, smaller fish but great wading.
    Don Memmer