Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: East Carson info

Quote Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
    Thanks for the input. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
    gedavell, forget the Carson. All's not lost though. Just head east up any pass and fish near the top. Any little creek you come to. The fish won't be big but they will be beautiful. And healthy. Just be sneaky and you'll figure it out. Spot your fish/spot, sneak into a casting position where you can hit it. Hit it. Dries are all you need.
    Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake O View Post
    Looks like a Garter Snake
    I'm with Jake O here. Why's everyone freaking out?
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    gedavell, forget the Carson. All's not lost though. Just head east up any pass and fish near the top. Any little creek you come to. The fish won't be big but they will be beautiful. And healthy. Just be sneaky and you'll figure it out. Spot your fish/spot, sneak into a casting position where you can hit it. Hit it. Dries are all you need.
    Ed
    Any word on how the Truckee River is right now? I will be staying in Gardnerville. It looks like that about an hour away?

Quote Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
    Any word on how the Truckee River is right now? I will be staying in Gardnerville. It looks like that about an hour away?
    Truckee is too hot by 9am plus almost certain that any fish you C &R will die. Record heat and now fires north of Truckee/Reno make N California good place to avoid.

I'd follow Ed Whal's advice and go up.

Check on weather and fishing conditions in Mammoth area. Maybe Crowley Lake? Wherever you go, consider being off the water by 9-10am. Evenings are not good since hottest part of day in this area is 4-7pm.