Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loreto report

July 3 report

"Greetings, Today was one for the books and in Loreto all you can expect is the unexpected. We started out trolling and I got one small Dorado, then I got whacked by a Marlin but didn't catch it. After awhile we got two Marlin chasing our flies but we didn't catch either one of those, so I asked the Captain to turn the boat around so we could try again.This time as we trolled past the hot spot a giant Dorado, I thought maybe 60 pounds, grabbed my boat partner's fly and the chase was on! As I was watching the fish get the best of my buddy the Captain screamed out "Sailfish" so I grabbed another rod with a sardine fly on it and went after that fish. Me trying to get this Sailfish while my buddy was fighting the giant Dorado must have looked like a Keystone Cops comedy, but unfortunately I didn't hook it. My partner did land the Dorado which weighed in at 42 pounds and is the trophy of the trip so far.
    Carl B."
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
    Where are the Loreto reports ?????
    JAY,

i have only been sending them to my friends.

iMIGHT MAKE A POST WHEN i GET HOME IN A FEW WEEKS

Jay,

Keep an eye out for Jim May's report when he gets back from La Paz. He should be home tomorrow. This has been one of the most incredible weeks I've ever heard of for him down there.
    I don't want to spoil any of his thunder but marlin and big roosters seemed non-stop.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I saw video to the marlin that he caught. Bulla also caught a marlin on the lady fish fly I tied for him a few years back. it was 15" long. I'm glad these guys are getting into the roosters, marlin, and a few dorado. I also see that some yellow fin have been taken. I can't wait for. Sept 18th, that's when I'm heading back down.
    Have you seen photos of the big roosters that they have been catching. A true 25lb to 40lb Pez Gallo. Looks like the big roosters are going to hang around most of the summer. In past years, they are usually gone by now. I can't wait to. hear about Jim's week.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

July 9 report:

"Greetings, Today was a little choppy on the water but it turned out to be an action-packed day. The fishing has been hit and miss and whenever it's a slow day outside we come back in and fish for Roosters. My biggest one so far has been 35 pounds and my buddy's is 25 pounds. Today another boat landed two 20-pound Roosters. We only caught three Dorado but I got four Marlin bites and landed a 100-pound Marlin. My buddy also got four Marlin bites and hooked and almost landed a beautiful 90-pound Sailfish but he lost it at the boat. Another boat landed a 60-pound Marlin and five Dorado.
    Carl B."
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

July 12, 2021 report:

"Greetings, Today we had another crazy good day with lots of action. We found this nice patch of sea weed and I cast my fly next to it and suddenly the water exploded with this huge Dorado, like 50 pounds plus. This thing burned rubber for a few hundred yards, then jumped and tossed the fly. What a rush! So we turned around and I cast again into the same patch and a 25-pounder grabbed the fly. My boat partner was just standing there watching me fight this new fish and as I got it near the boat, out of nowhere another giant Dorado appeared and started swimming around the boat. My buddy cast about 20 feet to the new one and it grabbed his fly and jumped about 25 times before he landed it! That fish weighed in at 45 pounds and we caught about eight more after that, but nothing that big. We also got one Marlin. I asked our guide if the 45-pounder was the same fish I first went after, and he said mine was a lot bigger.
    Carl B."
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958