Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry's Fork Advice

How did it go? We fished Hatchery Ford the other night and it was slim pickings on little guys with the water temp pushing 65 at 6pm

I may fish the Box on Thursday but most likely will go to the South Fork instead

Didn't go so good.... first night, there were drakes hatching but they weren't going for anything I was throwing at them... I finally switched over to a small caddis pattern I came up with out of frustration. Two casts in, I wasn't paying attention and I hooked up, but he was able to spit it pretty quickly. A couple of casts later, I got another bite, but no hook up. By that point it was dark and I had to leave. Next evening, the drakes were popping up everywhere, but there were pretty much no fish rising nobody else I talked to got anything either. I feel like I made up for it, however, when on the tail end of our trip I fished the middle provo river for 4 evenings in a row, landing at least 3 browns on dries to 16 inches every night, as well as getting either broken off or having my hook bent out twice a night!!

NK