567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

That’s a healthy watershed! I’m surprised the pot growers up above haven’t effected it so bad.

Not sure how it is now after the Camp Fire.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36506.jpeg 
Views:	228 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	17099

Not Butte Creek but another CV tributary that is having a record run of springers this year. Ran into several other pools like this one over the weekend.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Issac Asimov

That’s rad, such a great photo! Deer creek?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtopher View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36506.jpeg 
Views:	228 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	17099

Not Butte Creek but another CV tributary that is having a record run of springers this year. Ran into several other pools like this one over the weekend.
    That makes me feel so good......................
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

That is amazing with all the bad salmon news and bad water news out there. Especially for the spring chinook which seems almost extinct in California. I am not sure if they cranked up hatchery production or if there were really good ocean conditions or what. I am going springer fishing in a couple of weeks in Washington. In my experience they are a very difficult fish to catch. Great photo. Thanks.

They have Springers on the Rogue and Klamath rivers and they are hard to catch on anything but good bait.

According to Matt Johnson of the CDF&W, Butte Creek is the best tributary of the Sacramento river for Spring King salmon. It comes in right above the mouth of the Feather river.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    That’s rad, such a great photo! Deer creek?
    Not Deer Creek. The spring run on this creek is typically <250 fish. Last surveys had around 1100 already. Lots of restoration going on in this creek so hopefully this becomes the new norm.

Butte Creek gets springer runs in the 10-20k range regularly and is by far the healthiest spring run population in the state.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Issac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtopher View Post
    Not Deer Creek. The spring run on this creek is typically <250 fish. Last surveys had around 1100 already. Lots of restoration going on in this creek so hopefully this becomes the new norm.

Butte Creek gets springer runs in the 10-20k range regularly and is by far the healthiest spring run population in the state.
    Wow that’s Awesome, thanks for the stats! I hope the thrive, we need more fish and healthier watersheds!