Thread: Topwater Today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Topwater Today

I got out in the Delta today in the kayak and fished the morning topwater window and got one fish but it was a good one. I would say five pounds. I have fished the morning topwater a few times now and am not catching much but I have gotten couple of good ones. I guess I will keep at it and hope it gets better. The wind was fishable today but I did not like the tide. It was very high. I feel like the bass stay deep at high tide and don't want to come up from 5 feet down for a topwater bug especially when the visibility is about a foot which is what it was this morning. I need to find a place in the delta that is less windy and has better water visibility. Clear lake next week. We'll see how that goes but I feel like my two fly rods and a box of Clousers and deer hair divers will be no match for a couple of guys with 15 rods, ten boxes of lures, worms and soft plastics, side scanning sonar and a 250 HP Nitro boat. I might not out fish them but hopefully I can out fun them and get better pictures.

Last edited by John H; 05-30-2021 at 11:30 AM.