Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Truckee at Hirschdale question?????

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    We were fishing the Truckee last weekend, and BTW, it was fishing pretty damn well in the higher water.
    I fished it Wednesday in and above town and it was great. Lots of fish looking up and willing to take a dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I fished it Wednesday in and above town and it was great. Lots of fish looking up and willing to take a dry.
    Was up there myself two weeks ago, didn't see a fisherman for at least two hours, being the early bird I am. Landed two bows over 14", had four missed hook up with one breaking me off. Water was nice compared to my home conditions. Smoke and Temps did rise fast calling for a short days fishing. Can't complain honestly as I went 6am to 1pm. First time seeing the hirshdale signs, ended up finding some other place and still had a great time.

One of the two rainbows: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210725_213427_637.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	17263

Default Hirschdale access

Quote Originally Posted by mogaru View Post
    Restricting river access provides a lot more access for the paying to fish guys if you know what I mean.........
    A call to ACE Mountain Hardware flyshop might answer the question. A real bummer if access below the trestle is blocked, though you can get in from below but a bit of a trudge. That's my favorite stretch.

On the road to the south I assume you mean Iceland Rd (old logging road)? It had a gate, then no gate and now a new gate? I understood that to be all Tahoe National Forest, thus public land. If you could catch a resident in Hirschdale along that road to the gate in their front yard, they may have some info. They were instrumental in having the original gate removed years ago. The owner of that large log house opposite the trestle wanted it locked to keep the quad guys out but he lost the battle as he did not actually own the road. Look for a home on right hand side in Hirschdale with "Novaro" on a sign in front and try to catch someone in front. He's got an extensive woodshop and could be working in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Twowheelsonecamera View Post
    Was up there myself two weeks ago, didn't see a fisherman for at least two hours, being the early bird I am. Landed two bows over 14", had four missed hook up with one breaking me off. Water was nice compared to my home conditions. Smoke and Temps did rise fast calling for a short days fishing. Can't complain honestly as I went 6am to 1pm. First time seeing the hirshdale signs, ended up finding some other place and still had a great time.

One of the two rainbows: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210725_213427_637.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	17263
    Wow. That is a fatty.