Thread: Euro Nymphing the South Fork American

Default Euro Nymphing the South Fork American

I'm a recent ESN convert and have been slowly dialing in my technique and setup. I got skunked at Bridal Veil Picnic Area last week and I had to redeem myself today. I stopped by Kiene's for #14 and #12 prince and bead head prince nymphs and hit the road. I parked just east of Sand Flat Campground and was on the water by 4:30 PM. 10 casts with a tandem rig on a little inside seam close to the bank and I caught a 6" bow. Hooked another 3 in the next 15 minutes, all about the same size. I couldn't believe where the fish were holding and how many there were. ESN continues to impress me with it's effectiveness. All in all, today was a success and a beautiful day to be out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nXnst4a.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	17063 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BuRUnHV.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	17064

Quote Originally Posted by geod View Post
    I couldn't believe where the fish were holding and how many there were. ESN continues to impress me with it's effectiveness. All in all, today was a success and a beautiful day to be out.
    indeed, it's a way to really put up numbers! pretty darn effective on most of the pocket water streams all over the west.

I was at the Silver Fork a few weeks ago and didnt catch a thing all day long. Nice to see someone is catching something