Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuller Lake

Default Fuller Lake

Weather forecast was for a chance of snow. It snowed!!!! Happy it didn’t affect the fish at all. They seemed very active the whole day. The second gate was still closed so I put in at the dam. I had the lake to myself. Had one of those days, every other cast was a hook up. I’m sure a high correlation to the stocking of the lake this week. It was an epic day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A97F757-115D-4747-9329-0A3523E7336F.jpeg 
Views:	233 
Size:	373.7 KB 
ID:	17054

Glad to hear you had a good day at Fuller. Sounds like the old days there. Last year I went there and fished all day for 7 fish.
    Hopefully they keep it stocked more this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Weather forecast was for a chance of snow. It snowed!!!! Happy it didn’t affect the fish at all. They seemed very active the whole day. The second gate was still closed so I put in at the dam. I had the lake to myself. Had one of those days, every other cast was a hook up. I’m sure a high correlation to the stocking of the lake this week. It was an epic day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A97F757-115D-4747-9329-0A3523E7336F.jpeg 
Views:	233 
Size:	373.7 KB 
ID:	17054
    Ahhhhh..........................snowman Bill.

I snuck in a day @ Spooner before that storm.

I had equal results as you did.

Good for you getting out there under sh@#$y conditions.

Anything hot in a thermos for the ride home ?????

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Fish View Post
    Glad to hear you had a good day at Fuller. Sounds like the old days there. Last year I went there and fished all day for 7 fish.
    Hopefully they keep it stocked more this year.
    They are so sporadic in the times they stock so you have to monitor on the state website. If you wait outside of three weeks form the last stocking it can get pretty thin on the fish count except for the wild self sustaining browns.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Ahhhhh..........................snowman Bill.

I snuck in a day @ Spooner before that storm.

I had equal results as you did.

Good for you getting out there under sh@#$y conditions.

Anything hot in a thermos for the ride home ?????

Bob
    Bob you know the drill so the fish count is always good but the hot drink caries. My drink of choice this trip was some warm water in the car left over form another trip. I guess the car must be insulated

Can you get up near Carr and Feeley lakes, or is there still too much snow? Wanted to get a hike
    into a lake or two.

Thanks,
    Eric

I don’t know but much of the snow in and around the area has melted.

The lake is down with no new water coming in from the Bowman pipe during the day. Lake is down about three to four feet. Fish are on the hatches. Midges, calibaetis, damselflies, dragon flies, black sedges and an occasional ant. The best part, not many are partaking of the wonderful setting, cooler temps and fishing that this lake has to offer. Because of the lower water levels these fish will be here for awhile as the meat guys are not having success from shore. Mostly the eagles and osprey are the only ones thinning the numbers.

Went yesterday and the lake is full again with the usual current. I think they must have worked on the dam last week.
    Last edited by Quinnphoto; 06-22-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Does anyone know a stream flow gauge information source for the inlet to Fuller or another source to know how high the lake is at any given time. I like to use the PG&E ramp to launch my pram but when the water level is “low” the ramp is frequently out of the water and not feasible for me to do a single handed launch. Thanks. Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Does anyone know a stream flow gauge information source for the inlet to Fuller or another source to know how high the lake is at any given time. I like to use the PG&E ramp to launch my pram but when the water level is “low” the ramp is frequently out of the water and not feasible for me to do a single handed launch. Thanks. Stu
    I'd be pretty surprised if it comes back up this summer. With the heat waves we've had, they would be generating power if they had the water.