Thread: Better than coffee

Default Better than coffee

https://flylordsmag.com/11-foot-flor...14ae0-81639671

Anyone ever want to go backcountry tarpon fishing in florida? Check out this video from flylords. Bill be safe down there.
    Don Memmer

Default Better Than Coffee??

Aloha Don,.... After running into that gator, I'd have to go change my underwear. There's a description on the old Fliflickr BB of an encounter with a saltwater gator (big one) by a guy who was kayak fishing in a saltwater bay in Florida. He said he didn't notice the gator approaching until he noticed a pair of eyes watching him. Scary!!! He immediately paddled out of there....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

A couple of years ago Jim and I were fishing baby tarpon in Isla Blanca a little north of Cancun. Our guide says "You don't want to fall in around here". A moment later I hook a small tarpon and this croc comes flying out of the mangroves and dives under our panga and comes up with my tarpon in his mouth.
    Opportunists are everywhere.
    Tony

TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

You don't have to be in the back country to be watchful of these things. Here's one right across from the Hopedale marina almost downtown New Orleans.
    Tony

TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

That guy in the video is not to smart, I have read an alligator can accelerate to just over 30 mph on land, average human maybe 10-12 mph. In the water an alligator can reach 20 mph, an average human 4-5 mph. You don't want to mess with them like that guy did.

Tony I love the picture with the fish in his mouth looks like he wants to play fetch!

I was fishing bass in a pond in Florida with my daughter. She was about 10 years old and we were in a canoe. We were catching large mouth bass. I look up and see a pair of eyes on a log following us as we fished. I asked my daughter if she saw the gator. She said yes it was a small one about three feet long. We finished up and went to get out of the canoe on the landing. The gator was watching us from the water and I again asked my daughter if she liked the alligator following us around. She looks at me in fright screams and runs to my arms and says,” I didn’t know it was an Alley Gator!” “I thought it was just a gator!”
    Don Memmer