Thread: Lake Davis Information

Default Lake Davis Information

I just want to inform people that want to fish Lake Davis this season that there has been changes that I was not aware of but other people may be aware of. I apologize in advance that I have very limited information but it may save you some money as it did for me.

On Monday I drove to Jenkins Point in order to launch my 10 ft heavy pram. As I approached the lake there was fellow who flagged me down and told me that there was guy here the day before who launched his pram like I was going to do and received 130.00 dollar citation from USFS law enforcement and he said that was the cheaper of the tickets that could of been issued. This gentleman and myself have both fished the lake for over 20 yrs and never heard of such a thing.

This fellow was parked on the gravel road approximately 50 yds or so from the lake shore and he and his friends were getting ready to go out in float tubes which is not a problem to haul your gear back and forth but impossible for my setup. My understanding the rule is you can only be one car length off of the gravel road to legally park. This info was provided by a good source. Apparently there was some Forest Service Memo/ Policy dated 2019 that changed where you can't drive/ park etc along the shoreline and now the FS just started enforcing this.

Again I apologize for the little bit that I know of I just want people to be aware of how easy it is to get a ticket. The FS posted some signs along this lake shore however I took a pic of the sign and I think my 1st grade granddaughter could of printed better. I will try and post a pic. So since my fishing day was done before it got started I drove around the lake. Went north to Cow Ck, no signs posted anywhere about parking etc. Camp 5 charges 10 bucks a day for day use/ boat launch and there is no ramp and that area will be dry soon. Light Tree is high and dry.

Please call FS supervisor in Quincy and voice your concerns 530 283 2050. The staff at J&J Grizzly Store is aware of the situation and they spoke to the person who received the ticket the day before and also said there has been more than 1 citation issued along with several verbal warnings and apparently this is happening at Frenchmans also.

So if anyone can find this 2019 policy/ information from USFS that would be great if you could post or provide it. Unable to post the pic of the FS sign, sorry.
    Last edited by coltss; 05-18-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coltss View Post
    I just want to inform people that want to fish Lake Davis this season that there has been changes that I was not aware of but other people may be aware of. I apologize in advance that I have very limited information but it may save you some money as it did for me.

On Monday I drove to Jenkins Point in order to launch my 10 ft heavy pram. As I approached the lake there was fellow who flagged me down and told me that there was guy here the day before who launched his pram like I was going to do and received 130.00 dollar citation from USFS law enforcement and he said that was the cheaper of the tickets that could of been issued. This gentleman and myself have both fished the lake for over 20 yrs and never heard of such a thing.

This fellow was parked on the gravel road approximately 50 yds or so from the lake shore and he and his friends were getting ready to go out in float tubes which is not a problem to haul your gear back and forth but impossible for my setup. My understanding the rule is you can only be one car length off of the gravel road to legally park. This info was provided by a good source. Apparently there was some Forest Service Memo/ Policy dated 2019 that changed where you can't drive/ park etc along the shoreline and now the FS just started enforcing this.

Again I apologize for the little bit that I know of I just want people to be aware of how easy it is to get a ticket. The FS posted some signs along this lake shore however I took a pic of the sign and I think my 1st grade granddaughter could of printed better. I will try and post a pic. So since my fishing day was done before it got started I drove around the lake. Went north to Cow Ck, no signs posted anywhere about parking etc. Camp 5 charges 10 bucks a day for day use/ boat launch and there is no ramp and that area will be dry soon. Light Tree is high and dry.

Please call FS supervisor in Quincy and voice your concerns 530 283 2050. The staff at J&J Grizzly Store is aware of the situation and they spoke to the person who received the ticket the day before and also said there has been more than 1 citation issued along with several verbal warnings and apparently this is happening at Frenchmans also.

So if anyone can find this 2019 policy/ information from USFS that would be great if you could post or provide it. Unable to post the pic of the FS sign, sorry.
    I was lucky enough to get a polite warning at Frenchman two weeks ago. I could see if the snow pack was heavy and the snow melt was fast and furious. But to park near shore when the water levels aren’t going up is a money maker for the department. No way are we endangering ourselves or others.
    Last edited by Quinnphoto; 05-20-2021 at 10:20 PM.

By law they have to post signs stating this. They can't create a new law and not post signs.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

The USFS is moving to close off all access to Davis lake for car toppers. They have blocked various areas with rocks such as Camp 5 north side which is a beautiful flat open area of hard packed dirt to park on with area for multiple vehicles to launch prams, kayaks, canoes, pontoon boats, drift boats, etc. They closed off Freeman, Mosquito Slough, Eagle Point, Lightning Tree etc where you can no longer drive to the water.

I use a wheelchair (non ambulatory) and need to drive to the waters edge and off load my kayak which I can drag a few feet and then transfer into my kayak leaving my vehicle and wheelchair behind at the waters edge. These USFS bastards are pieces of garbage and don't care about access for disabled persons and our disabled veterans that want to fish.
    I have been battling for access for myself and disabled persons and veterans and everyone ALL CAR TOPPERS, prams, pontoons, canoes, kayaks, float tubes etc but they don't care because I am one person.
    IF ANYONE wants to fight for lake access let me know I am ready to go to war Bob Baiocchi style, RIP BOB AND JON.
    I just need a few soldiers that care to follow me into battle on this.
    I have been blown off by Senator COrtez Masto, COngressman Mark Amodei, Sen Dean Heller, COng Doug LaMalfa etc and Washington D.C. USFS ADA representatives.