Thread: Off The Usual Path...Noyes Valley Creek? East Fork Scott?

Default Off The Usual Path...Noyes Valley Creek? East Fork Scott?

In a few weeks I will be traveling along these creeks and have not been able to find any information about access or even if they are fishable. They are listed in the DFW rules and regs but nothing more.

Anyone fish there willing to share access and any other information?

Thank you.

Without doing a detailed check of the Regs, my understanding is that both waters you have mentioned are closed to fishing.
    Did you see something different?

I am afraid I cannot find any clear information about them being either closed to all fishing or otherwise!
    I read the EF Scott falls under the Klamath regs but even that is not clear.

Guess that is why I am asking. Since you guide out of Dunsmuir I shall bow to your better knowledge of the regs for that area and find someplace else along my travels.

Thank you.

Default anadromous waters of the Klamath River Basin

The key part of the Regs in this case is this:

"All anadromous waters of the Klamath River Basin are closed to all fishing for all year except those areas listed in the following table."

So in the Klamath area if it is a anadromous waterway and not listed in the special regs table by name it is closed to fishing.

also:

"The regulations in this subsection apply only to waters of the Klamath River Basin which are ac-cessible to anadromous salmonids. They do not apply to waters of the Klamath River Basin which are inaccessible to anadromous salmon and trout,"

No question in my mind about EF Scott, but I was not sure about Noyes Valley creek, but from google maps it looks like it connects to the Scott so it would be an anadromous waterway

If you want to wet a line in that area maybe check out Kangaroo Lake ?
    Last edited by StevenB; 05-22-2021 at 07:41 AM. Reason: added lake info

Thank you Steven.

Are the kangaroos C&R only?

Have a great summer.

Default Kangaroo

Nope. Standard lake Regs I think.

Noyes Valley Creek, a tiny trickle, is entirely on private ground. East Fork of the Scott is mostly private. You would need to check with CDFW in Redding to find out where the "inaccessible to anadromous salmon and trout" boundary is.

Thank you.

After looking closer, via satellite, and the information from Steven B., I have moved on from the idea of fishing that area and am now looking at just driving through and hitting some spots on the upper Sac before going to the Fall and McCloud.

I appreciate your input.