Thread: I took 3 days off work

Default I took 3 days off work

To fish. And that's what I did. Just blew off all the house/yard/garden work and fished. Fished for shad Wed and Thursday. It was great. Met some high quality people, caught a lot of fish. Saw a striper stalking around a huge school of shad.

On Friday I had had enough of crowds and hit the canyons. Fishing was ok, more like mid June than early May. It felt good to escape for a day into the places I'd fished most of my adult life.

Blew out my old Simms wading boots in the canyons. Right one separated from the sole on the walk into the first canyon, then the other one on the way into the second canyon. I guess when the time comes it comes.

All stiff this morning but I ain't as young as I used to be. I'm also not as old as I'm gonna be, so I better do it while I still can.
    Ed

P.S. ....I'll be buying some new wading boots this week.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

The subject line says it all- you done right!

Some times you just gotta get out of Dodge.......for the soul.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    Some times you just gotta get out of Dodge.......for the soul.
    Right on the money Bill.
    I was needing that time in the canyons. I could feel it while I was there. It's everything up there, the quiet, the solitude, the dippers zipping by my head, the giant old growth trees, the smells, the bugs, the fish, just the way the air feels on a warm summer evening.

Yeah, it's a replenishing.

Every trips an adventure, this was no exception.
    I do love that place.

Each and every one of you should find such a place.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Thanks for the post! Know the feeling about getting on the water after this very weird past year! Hope to hear about other adventures in future post. Bill Avery

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post

P.S. ....I'll be buying some new wading boots this week.
    I was surprised to find 62 degree water in a place I usually see 50-55 this time of year. Going to be a low and hot summer.

With respect to the boots, I love my Simms flyweights if your looking for rubber soles.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I was surprised to find 62 degree water in a place I usually see 50-55 this time of year. Going to be a low and hot summer.

With respect to the boots, I love my Simms flyweights if your looking for rubber soles.
    Thanks Woodman, I took a peek online at these. I'll have to check them out at the shop.

Yeah, in the canyons the studded rubber soles rule. If you want to die quick just set out going sidehill while wearing felt.

Ed

Ed,
    Foot problems are often the cause of many woes with the fishing crowd.
    As far as age goes, Joe Shirshac should be an inspiration to us all.

http://www.billkiene.com/forums/show...ht=#post194805

Best to all,
    Larry S

Home waters....take a look at Korkers Dark Horse...I use the carbide tip rubber soles...great for hiking, as long as you are careful on slick granite slabs. Best traction in the creeks tho...I use neoprene booties with sock...you can always put on dry socks for hike out...I normally don't..Tight lines Ed.....Dave