Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middle Fork Feather Advice

The fire did a tremendous amount of damage. Lots of bridges over small streams burned up so lots of roads are closed for the next few years. Also lots of logging trucks. They have a short window before before burned logs are unusable.

Thanks for posting the closure info norcalflyfisherman!

Cleghorn Bar might be a good place to go if the the road is open. Takes a reasonable 4WD vehicle to get there and back out. (Cost my nephew $1,500 20 years ago to have AAA come out from Portola to haul his wife's Honda CRV out far enough for it to go on its own. Whisky wisdom got the car down to the campground.) The campground may still be no charge & has only 4 sites. I've fished the river upstream with good success.

Good luck.
    C&R: If you were caught, wouldn't you want to be released?

There are a few access trails above Cleghorn. Steep as hell, but quite short. I've done Oddie Bar, No Ear Bar on day trips. We also backpacked and camped at Big Bar, which is the PCT. I'd recommend that place. Some sweet campsites upstream of the bridge and some fantastic water upstream also. Downstream is tough fishing cuz the canyon boxes in. But upstream is pretty wide open for a few miles. It's a very cool spot.

Thanks Geo, sounds like cleghorn is closed unfortunately. Thanks Jeff, i was thinking oddie bar