Thread: Gear rods (casting/spinning) - local Sacramento sales only

Default Gear rods (casting/spinning) - local Sacramento sales only

I have a handful of older gear rods that I would like to sell before I move out of my house later this month. I do not use them and would be happy to make a package deal for someone who would get some more use out of them. All are 10-12 year old models. They have been sitting in the garage for the better part of 8 years since I quit gear fishing, and are still functional. The spinning rods are in very good condition for the age. The casting rod has some epoxy cracking issues on the blank down near the handle but the blank itself is in good shape. All have cork soiling consistent with being used for catching fish.

• Shakespeare Ugly Stik Lite SP1170-1MH (1pc 7'0" spinning, medium heavy freshwater, 8-17# test)
    • Cabelas Salt Striker ISS664A (1pc 6'6" spinning, medium heavy saltwater, 10-20# test)
    • All Star Select 601MH (1pc 6'0" spinning, medium heavy freshwater, 8-17# test)
    • All Star Select 1pc 6'0" baitcaster, medium heavy freshwater, 10-20# test

• Shimano Voltaeus 1pc 5'0" spinning, ultralight freshwater, 1-4# test, also includes Shimano Sonora 1000 reel

I would sell each of the first 4 rods for $25 per rod or $90 for all four.
    For the ultralight combo, I would sell it for $45 or $40 if you buy another rod with it.

Someone can have all 5 for $120.

The buyer would need to pick them up at my home in East Sacramento by May 15th, or I can meet you at Kienes shop at a mutually convenient time.

Sorry, but due to the lengths of these rods and their low value I am not able to offer shipping under any circumstance.

I am open to offers on these rods, or suggestions of a good place to donate them. I don't want to move them or landfill them.

Boys and girls club of Sacramento or perhaps a veterans group would appreciate these?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    Boys and girls club of Sacramento or perhaps a veterans group would appreciate these?
    Thanks for the suggestions I will give them a call. It has gotten surprisingly tough to find places to donate stuff to in the COVID era. You know, because COVID is definitely transmitted on used fishing rods. The science supports that.