Where to begin?

Fly fisherman, naturalist, guide, educator, author, speaker, skateboarder, professional snowboarder,
BMX and motocross racer, Jon Francis Baiocchi passed suddenly on Thursday morning, April 22, 2021
while guiding on his beloved Middle Fork of the Feather River, near Cromberg. He was 55.

Jon's remarkable and unconventional life began on November 15, 1965 in San Jose, California, two
years prior to his parents, Bob and Lois Baiocchi, relocating their young family of six to rural Paradise
to live closer to nature and native fisheries. Under the instruction of his father and elder brother, Jon
had a rod in his hands by age 6 and was guiding professionally by 30 as “Baiocchi's Troutfitters”.

The Jack London of the family, Jon's was a life well-lived. He recognized this and was grateful for it.

Jon is survived by his brother Joel, sisters Christina and Teresa, niece Luci Grace, nephew Justin, and
an anthology of reports, videos, writings, and musings on fly-fishing and all things flora and fauna.

A memorial is being planned and will be announced as soon as possible.

Correspondence can be addressed to the Baiocchi Family at: P.O. Box 917, Mendocino, CA 95460

Contributions can be directed in Jon's name to: Trout Unlimited for watershed restoration purposes.

“I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze
than it should be stifled by dryrot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow,
than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.”
~ J. London