With this low water the fish aren't acting like they normally do. There was a wave of fish coming through Tisdale a month ago and then it kind of died off with only a few stragglers.

Well, some of those fish have moved upstream all the way to Chico and are spread out everywhere in between. Now we're seeing new fish coming in and these are nice clean bright fish.

On Saturday mornings Bob Simms has his out door radio show (AM 1530) and he chats with all the marinas in the bay area as well as lots of guides inland for currant fishing reports. A couple of weeks ago the bay guides where saying that a lot of bigger stripers are starting to show in the bay along with halibut on the party boats.

I'm happy to say that some of those new stripers have already made it up this way. This morning Jim and I both had big fish hook-ups that pulled lines out of my hands. Jim also took a salmon this morning too along with several stripers. I keep hearing reports of up river between Butte City and Chico getting slammed with stripers.

So, they're around and I hope more are coming. You just have to get out and go chase them if you're going to find any.
Tony