Thread: Seeker Rods

Default Seeker Rods

Does anyone know about Seeker Rods. I just picked up 3 American Series rods. Trying to find out what year this model was made, and the approximate price on these rods. They are brand new and have never been used. Some still have the oringal sales tag on them.
    I think they would be great trolling rods for Baja or Southern Cal. I know they are made in Long Beach, that's where I use to live many years ago.
    Any info would help
    Thanks
    Jay
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

I had one of those back in the 90's used it for trolling tuna and Marlin down in Cabo.. Don't remember what I paid for it or sold it for. I replaced it with a Seeker Classic series rod which I liked better. I saw one listed on Bloody Decks website recently for $125.00 guy had received one offer for $75.00. Hope that helps.

They’re popular for sturgeon fishing in the bay and delta. Depending on the model.

Thanks for the help.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

I’ve used seeker rods for years for long range tuna. Good stuff- the American series is the blue collar version of their lines, essentially the rods they made their name with when they started. Mainly fiberglass w bit of graphite, so heavier than say the grafighter series.

I like them a great deal. The 196-7 is a fantastic bay rod for bouncing balls for halibut and live bait striper, and is a good sturgeon rod as well thanks to the delicate tip.