Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jon Baiocchi, we lost a good one.

I can't believe this. Never met him but read all of his content. So young. RIP Jon

Wow. This is a real shock.

I only fished with Jon one time about 10 years ago but every time I ran into him on the Yuba since he remembered my name, was always free with tips, where the fish were holding, what they were eating, what time the hatch would come off...and often how my size 18 BWOs weren't really a size 18, more like a 16. Last time I saw him he complimented me on my clumsily tied Unit Skwalas.

One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet on a river. A big loss.

Live every day like its your last.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

Sad events like this remind one of mortality.
    With a young kid I will be working for while yet even though I'm 52 and can't fish as much as I'd like.
    Jon had such a big impact on lots people including people like me he hadn't met.
    Such a shame

I can't even think straight right now. Such a loss. RIP brother.
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Such a shock! So many people knew Jon as a friend.

Unbelievable, such a great guy full of fishing information and was always ready to share whether you were a client or not. I seem to run into him all the time at Lake Davis and we would chat and he would provide the most update info about the conditions, flies and areas to fish and always had a smile. I believe he really wanted everyone to succeed. I will definitely miss seeing him at Davis and that will be my first thought as I approach the lake.

I only met Jon once. I made a donation to his Go Fund Me page when his truck and boat were stolen a couple of years back. I always appreciated him taking the time to write an informative report on the Yuba. It was about the last decent Yuba report out there on the web. And a decent Truckee report as well. He sent me a personal email thanking me for the donation.

Last year, while fishing the Yuba, he was going by fishing in a kayak, and he stopped to chat it up. He asked me my name, and damned if he didn't remember my name from the Go Fund Me donation. He said again how thankful he was for that, and like other have said, imported every bit of recent info he had on the river, and what flies were working where I was fishing.

So very sorry to hear about this, he seemed like such a great guy and steward for our passion.

Bob

I first met Jon at a Lance Gray float workshop on the Lower Yuba. Gave me advice on how to quickly and safely store rods for going through whitewater.

I later used him to guide me twice and met him several times over the last 10 years--- he always knew my name and loved to talk fly fishing.

Fly fishers are predominantly good people and Jon surely was one of the good people.

Jim

How did he die?