Thread: Pyramid Report 04/19-04/20

Default Pyramid Report 04/19-04/20

I fished Monday for 3 1/2 hours and Tuesday for 5 hours. Monday was warm with light winds making fishing tough. Tuesday was much cooler with steady winds 10-15 mph making for better fishing but many more anglers. On Monday I caught 4 rats and only 1 lost fish. Tuesday I caught 8, mostly small rats with the biggest being 25 inches. I did hook four larger fish that I believe were foul-hooked. I broke off one and ldr-ed another. The biggest I fought for 15 minutes. The guy who tried to net it tried to scoop the fish and the attached weeds with one move but he inadvertently bumped the fish and he broke off. I got a good look at it and it was in the 30 inch range. I believe I also foul-hooked a good fish when I was picking up my line to re-cast. When I picked up my line, this 27-28 inch fish jumped about 2 feet in the air. A few seconds later he jumped again. I quickly worked the fish into shore when the hook pulled. I mention the four foul-hooked fish to let people know that there are still some big fish in the shallows.
    Last edited by HSano; 04-21-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HSano View Post
    I fished Monday for 3 1/2 hours and Tuesday for 5 hours. Monday was warm with light winds making fishing tough. Tuesday was much cooler with steady winds 10-15 mph making for better fishing but many more anglers. On Monday I caught 4 rats and only 1 lost fish. Tuesday I caught 8, mostly small rats with the biggest being 25 inches. I did hook four larger fish that I believe were foul-hooked. I broke off one and ldr-ed another. The biggest I fought for 15 minutes. The guy who tried to net it tried to scoop the fish and the attached weeds with one move but he inadvertently bumped the fish and he broke off. I got a good look at it and it was in the 30 inch range. I believe I also foul-hooked a good fish when I was picking up my line to re-cast. When I picked up my line, this 27-18 inch fish jumped about 2 feet in the air. A few seconds later he jumped again. I quickly worked the fish into shore when the hook pulled. I mention the four foul-hooked fish to let people know that there are still some big fish in the shallows.

Sounds like a productive trip. I am guessing you were stripping based on the foul hookups?
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

No. I was actually indicating. Monday the hot fly was a pink midge and Tuesday it was the Forty Niner. I really don't know why I foul-hooked so many fish. But the way they fought, I'm guessing they were foul-hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by HSano View Post
    No. I was actually indicating. Monday the hot fly was a pink midge and Tuesday it was the Forty Niner. I really don't know why I foul-hooked so many fish. But the way they fought, I'm guessing they were foul-hooked.
    Interesting. I am guessing it is all the fish in the shallows during the spawn.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V