Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paradise Beach 2021 thread

The greatest "poacher" and killer of fish, all time........... BuRec and DWR. Do some research and locate the Bay Institutes' report on the type and numbers of fish that perish at the pumps each year. The numbers from 2011 are staggering alone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpfish.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	16953

The rest you claim that "poach" are what I refer to as "low hanging fruit" and would not be an issue IF the CA DFW were not controlled by the elite that continue to seek favorable legislation and terms/conditions. Yes, they poach, but it's de-minimis when compared to what BuRec has been allowed to do............ or not do, in the case of the CVIPIA.
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 04-26-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    The greatest "poacher" and killer of fish, all time........... BuRec and DWR. Do some research and locate the Bay Institutes' report on the type and numbers of fish that perish at the pumps each year. The numbers from 2011 are staggering alone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpfish.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	16953

The rest you claim that "poach" are what I refer to as "low hanging fruit" and would not be an issue IF the CA DFW were not controlled by the elite that continue to seek favorable legislation and terms/conditions. Yes, they poach, but it's de-minimis when compared to what BuRec has been allowed to do............ or not do, in the case of the CVIPIA.

This is kind of a silly comparison. The state and federal water projects operate within the law and also provide a lot of benefit to the state's economy. How is that relevant to a discussion of people blatantly violating Fish and Game laws and there being no enforcement.

Fewer fishermen last eve, 4/30/21, cooler and a bit windy, but still good fishing...mine was the only fly rod...I caught 4 in under an hour..looks like more southeast asian group, russians must have filled their freezers...fish smallish 20" and less.

I was there last Monday for a few hours in the afternoon. Caught 8 LDR'd another 4. Had a reel issue which brought on a series of entanglements with the 'Russians' on the other bank. I thanked the initial caster for reeling my fly in and unhooking it, then upon reeling back up my spool popped off into the drink. I fished it out, put it back on and by then another had already snagged me again. I yelled across to him to just go ahead and cut the line. 'No, no I can get it for you' he yelled back, and he did. And once again my spool dove for the drink. And my line still being out there was promptly caught up again. I just new there'd be a scowl and and an angry cut off. I yelled sorry and said just go ahead and cut it. 'No no I can get your hook back for you" came the rather pleasant reply. This time I stripped it back as fast as I could and went and sat down for some repair. It was cool. They may be 'foreigners' but they are still brothers. And gentlemen.

Turned out that the shop dude where I bought this (not here) hadn't seated the clutch down properly when he converted it over to left hand retrieve so on a longish reel-up the turning spool unscrewed the gear from it's threads forcing the spool off the center post, and into the drink. You know what they say about wanting something done right.
    Last edited by Ed Wahl; 05-02-2021 at 07:28 PM.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    They may be 'foreigners' but they are still brothers. And gentlemen.
    Thanks for taking the time to post this story and cut through some of the rubbish in this and other threads.