Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Bass Ponds

Default Bass Ponds??....

There're several larger waters that are easily reached from Auburn. Each has Bass/Sunnies in them. Try Rollins or Camp Far West Reservoirs, etc.

You probably already know this but if you encounter owners like Bill described and you want to gain access to ponds on those properties; visit the owner in person, spend some time asking for permission, assure that you'll not share permission with buddies or leave trash around the place. Sometimes that'll work.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

If you know anyone who lives in Rancho Murieta, I hear good things about their lakes...

Murietta is great; but the member has to be with you when fishing. The local HOA group has frequent checks. In the past this was badly abused and the club decided to do what was necessary to restore their fishery. Congrats to them.

If you want to target BG; Rec pond in Auburn off Dry Creek, the park in Meadow Vista, Willow Hill Res in Folsom, ponds in Lincoln, Ride to Walk just south of Lincoln on Hwy 193. Ride to Walk has a small fee and some bass, but lots of weeds.

April/May/June is bass & panfish time in CA, almost everywhere there is water.

Early and late in the day is best.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I only got to go twice, but when I was a kid and my grandparents were still alive and living in the San Joaquin valley, my uncle (who was an ag rep for a big company and knew every farmer from Fresno to Patterson to Manteca) got tresspass rights on an amazing slough down that way somewhere. I was a gear fisherman back then, but I will never forget how sore my arms were on the drive back to Modesto those evenings after slaying them all day on tube jigs. Dozens of fish in the 5-7# class, some pushing 10...more than you could count 3-5#...