Thread: Wader Repair

Default Wader Repair

found a bag in my stuff with three old waders that I forgot about, so they are 5-10 years old

meant to repair but just didnt have time

leaks were not severe but they all need repair

looking for a shop or service that does wader repair not just warranty work on a specific brand

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbux View Post
    found a bag in my stuff with three old waders that I forgot about, so they are 5-10 years old

meant to repair but just didnt have time

leaks were not severe but they all need repair

looking for a shop or service that does wader repair not just warranty work on a specific brand
    I know you didn't ask for how to diy and you may already know this but if you only have a bunch of pin hole leaks on your waders, just turn them inside out and put some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle .... spray them lightly and all the holes will appear....mark w/ pen...let dry...rub some aqua seal in each hole and drop a small bead over top...let dry. Fast and easy!

Quote Originally Posted by itsbenlong View Post
    I know you didn't ask for how to diy and you may already know this but if you only have a bunch of pin hole leaks on your waders, just turn them inside out and put some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle .... spray them lightly and all the holes will appear....mark w/ pen...let dry...rub some aqua seal in each hole and drop a small bead over top...let dry. Fast and easy!
    If you use a high enough percentage of alcohol (>90%) you don't even need to wait for the alcohol to dry. Put aquaseal right on the pinholes and rub it in. The aquaseal won't even stick to your finger if its wet from the alcohol. Unfortunately, the alcohol trick doesn't work on all waders. I have not been able to repair several non-Goretex Simms waders using the alcohol trick.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Issac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtopher View Post
    If you use a high enough percentage of alcohol (>90%) you don't even need to wait for the alcohol to dry. Put aquaseal right on the pinholes and rub it in. The aquaseal won't even stick to your finger if its wet from the alcohol. Unfortunately, the alcohol trick doesn't work on all waders. I have not been able to repair several non-Goretex Simms waders using the alcohol trick.
    Good point Fishtopher...forgot to mention that it doesn't work as well or sometimes at all on non-goretex waders....If you can swing it...chuck those out anyway. Just don't fill them up with water to find leaks, heard of others doing that and turning a small hole into a giant non-repairable tear. I've used a flashlight before in a dark room which works pretty well.

Anyone have an idea how to fix the neoprene boot section of stocking waders? I've fixed some holes in the goretex section, but I seem to have a slow leak in the stocking setion. It could be the seam -- I'm not sure (nor am I sure how to detect that).

Thanks.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

If you have a wet/dry vac use it like a blower to blow up your neoprenes like a balloon and spray some soapy water on it to detect leaks. Then Aquaseal.
    Last edited by sfspey; 04-13-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfspey View Post
    If you have a wet/dry vac use it like a blower to blow up your neoprenes like a ballon and spray some soapy water on it to detect leaks. Then Aquaseal.
    The genius of it...

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river