Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2021 AR Shad Reports

Things are starting to pickup on the American! Fished yesterday morning and got into double digits but it was a lot of work. The first several hours I only landed a few and LDRed a couple. I finally found a bucket (probably a small pod moving up) and hooked up every other cast for about half and hour before they moved. Hot fly was the Maria followed by the Lipstick. Should be fully on in the next week!

Fished mid-day and went thru a run without a bump. Went back up to to top and started catching small males. Broke the tip section of my 6126 Igniter landing a larger male. I had nicked it a few weeks ago with a tungsten bead head fly and didn’t see any visible damage. All it took was a hard pulling shad. Even though I have a lot of backup rods I picked up an Anderson 1296 GFR.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 04-26-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Fished early this morning down low and it was dead. Peter Villarreal and his Dad Pete were already fishing when I showed up and Peter caught one hen. After a couple of hours they left for another run with not a bump between the 3 of us. I was going to leave for another spot but decided to do one more pass. Started getting them occasionally. Ended up in double digits with the hot fly the Lipstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Fished early this morning down low and it was dead. Peter Villarreal and his Dad Pete were already fishing when I showed up and Peter caught one hen. After a couple of hours they left for another run with not a bump between the 3 of us. I was going to leave for another spot but decided to do one more pass. Started getting them occasionally. Ended up in double digits with the hot fly the Lipstick.
    We should have stayed lol.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Double digits today but the drop in flow and cooler weather made it tough. Hot flies: Lipstick, Ronald Mc Donald and Red Headlight.

Found a bucket and got into triple digits wading today! Only tied on one fly, the Lipstick!

Great Jeff...what are you exact GPS numbers? LOL
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Jeff,
    Would you be willing to post the recipe for the lipstick? Thanks!

NK

NK email address and I’ll send you the recipe.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 04-26-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Fished mid-day down low. Got into double digits but bobber anglers showed up and put a damper on things. Smitty was fishing the run above me and he was hooking up. All of my fish were caught on a Pink Lipstick and Smitty did good with his version of the Ronald.