Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2021 AR Shad Reports

Fished this morning and it was slow. Only got a handful. Saw one other fly angler who I watched land one. There no drift boats this morning.

Charlie, possibly Thursday Friday next week. I might have a lot of time, thinking about just walking out and tell them 'I QUIT". no 2 week notice.... Yes, it's getting that bad. I don't this crap
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

Fished this morning and a couple of hours this afternoon. The flows went up over night and the river is noticeably deeper. It’s supposed to go up to 1750 cfs tonight. I saw 2 bankies, 3 fly anglers and 4 drift boats while I was fishing. Not much catching except for Ben Thompson’s clients, Ethan Bush’s client and a bankie who landed one. I got a handful but LDRed over a half dozen. Three of my shad were big fresh hens. All were caught using the Ronald except for one of the hens which was caught with a Bloody Maria.

Floated the upper river this morning and waded for a couple of hours this afternoon. Didn’t get a single grab all day! I hope it’s because of the change in the flows.

damn, I hope they are still there. At least one, all I need is ONE. I'm planning on coming Thursday and or Friday this coming week. Looks like it could be just for a ride to pick up a few Fenwick fiberglass rods
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

I've heard from a friend that they're still in the yuba... haven't checked that out but I might tomorrow unless someone has information stating otherwise...

NK

Waded this morning and it was fairly busy with 2 fly anglers, 3 gear anglers and 3 drift boats. Got 7 and LDRed 5 on a pink PT. Floated the upper river with Earle this afternoon and the only shad to the boat were 2 that I hooked again with a pink PT.

I'm coming on Thursday and Friday. but leaving early on Friday. I have all day to explore on Thursday. I'll be wading the river, maybe.
    Depends on the flow and how slippery the rocks are. how about wet wading or will I need my waders. A big question.. Do you need a steelhead card even though you're fishing for shad. I'm staying at the Holiday inn off of 80.
    All I want is one shad, even a grab or a LDR.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Jay, You don’t need waders because the river temp is 68 degrees at Nimbus. It could be in the 70s down in the lower river. I don’t fill out my SH report card when I fish for shad but there’s always a chance you might hook a steelhead as bycatch. I hooked and lost two in the last couple of weeks on shad flies.

So I should get a SH card, just in case.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator