Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2021 AR Shad Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Natekursow View Post
    How far up the river are they currently? (E.g. If I only have 3 hrs to fish where should I go to hopefully catch my first one?)

NK
    They are throughout the river system now. It’s more of a question on the concentration in numbers.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Caught about 10 in about 2.5 hours at Paradise this morning. Long distance released a few more and of course I lost a huge mama after she busted my knuckles on a run. Bobber & jig crew across the way was on river by 0600. Swinging an orange and chartreuse fly I picked up at Kiene's (don't know the name...). Lots of fun on 2 wt trout spey...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0925_adobespark.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	536.7 KB 
ID:	17005
    Last edited by Trouter925; 05-07-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouter925 View Post
    Caught about 10 in about 2.5 hours at Paradise this morning. Long distance released a few more and of course I lost a huge mama after she busted my knuckles on a run. Bobber & jig crew across the way was on river by 0600. Swinging an orange and chartreuse fly I picked up at Kiene's (don't know the name...). Lots of fun on 2 wt trout spey...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0925_adobespark.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	536.7 KB 
ID:	17005
    What 2 wt trout Spey are you using? I’ve done it with a 3 wt Spey before but I prefer more backbone personally.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

The orange fly with the chartreuse wire rib is the Too Sexy. Did a solo float today and got into double digits using 25 ft of LC-13 and the Ronald and Lipstick. When I met Paul Thick for my shuttle there were already 4 drift boat trailers at the launch ramp parking and I thought it was going to be busy. When I put in there was only one boat (Greg in his blue Super Drifter). I had short flurries then, nothing so I moved around and the same thing happened. When I finally floated down I saw where the were hanging out (on the opposite side of the seam in some water too slow to swing).

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    What 2 wt trout Spey are you using? I’ve done it with a 3 wt Spey before but I prefer more backbone personally.
    Home rolled 11’ Anglers Roost

Hey Charlie,
    I'll be returning from Baja on May 27th. How about Jun 2nd. Do you think the fish will still be there. One question, do you need a steelhead card for the American if fishing for shad.
    Here's my email address: Let's communicate via email.
    Jay
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

Fished this morning and got several. Went back out in the afternoon and it was really blowing. Only got a squawfish and LDRed one shad. It was brutal! Saw the Kennedy brothers doing a paddling clinic with an armada of four drift boats. If you can row in this wind you can row anything! Tomorrow should be a better day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Saw the Kennedy brothers doing a paddling clinic with an armada of four drift boats. If you can row in this wind you can row anything!
    I've been looking for a drift boat rowing class/clinic in Sacramento and never found anything on the Google. Anyone have details?

Floated with Earle Sloan today and it was slow but it was a better day than yesterday with the wind. We had to work for it but we got into double digits. The shad were in very small pods and were moving around.

Woodman, Talk to Andy Or Joe at Kiene’s.