Thread: Back to Berryessa

Default Back to Berryessa

I thought that in the week since my last trip to Berryessa the water temperature would have made a big jump and the fish would have gotten a little more grabby but the temp and the bite seem to have not changed much. A steady bite but definitely never off the hook and on fire. Steady is good though. I will take steady any day. Mostly spotted bass and smallmouth and a couple of crappie. I do feel like I should be running into a four pounder at some point. I have caught enough bass up there that I should bump into a four pounder at some point. A seven pounder would be okay also but I don't want to be greedy. Maybe the way I fish is not appealing to the four pounders. I spot a lot of bass and have not laid eyes on a four pounder so maybe there are just not a ton of them around. I did hook one today that stayed glued to the bottom and then got off. I thought maybe it was a big one. Who knows.

A couple more from the following day. The clear water there lets you get some pretty good subsurface pictures. You can't do that in the Delta. Light winds made for a pleasant day of fishing. I got a spot about 18" but the elusive four pounder was not found.

Last edited by John H; 04-08-2021 at 04:47 PM.