567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Geez, Your making me drool Bill. This has been on my bucket list forever. I've taken several nice GT's at Christmas Is. and Aitutaki but it becomes addictive and you want more and more.

I bought Peter McCloud's book on GTs and it's got lots of locations that we can go to but the Seychelles always seem to pop up first if we had a choice. Is it because it gets the most press, or its proximity to Africa and Europe? Anywhere in the south pacific or Indian ocean all have GTs. The problem is getting there and finding affordable lodging.

I've contacted Yellow Dog several times about various places and the say they only have Christmas Is. and the Seychelles. On my own I've looked into Fiji and the atolls around Tahiti and they all talk about the great flats and reefs for fishing but none of them have specific lodges tied in to any of our travel people.

Any body out there want to go?
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Hey Bill, great post. I knew that Tony would go crazy over that one. I liked that he caught the small ones on a 9wt. I didn't really care for the negative film stuff, but it had that artsy aspect to it. Tony I would love to go but that would bankrupt all of my travel plans for a couple of years.
    Don Memmer

Bill,

Call me old fashioned I guess.The glamour of going around the World would be fun I guess, however just for a GT wouldn't get me off. If the Mexico trip I go on was even the same price I would still go to Loreto instead. I like catching Roosters, Dorado, Sailfish and Marlin on the fly. I also enjoy the great people, cheap prices and tons of fish...to each his own I guess.

Carl Blackledge

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Buzolich View Post
    Geez, Your making me drool Bill. This has been on my bucket list forever. I've taken several nice GT's at Christmas Is. and Aitutaki but it becomes addictive and you want more and more.

I bought Peter McCloud's book on GTs and it's got lots of locations that we can go to but the Seychelles always seem to pop up first if we had a choice. Is it because it gets the most press, or its proximity to Africa and Europe? Anywhere in the south pacific or Indian ocean all have GTs. The problem is getting there and finding affordable lodging.

I've contacted Yellow Dog several times about various places and the say they only have Christmas Is. and the Seychelles. On my own I've looked into Fiji and the atolls around Tahiti and they all talk about the great flats and reefs for fishing but none of them have specific lodges tied in to any of our travel people.

Any body out there want to go?
    Tony
    Tony, If you decide to go, I will lend you my Sage 16 wt 8 footer rod, it's a great rod and is actually very castable compared to most meat sticks. just ask

Carl

I think that Baja is still the best bang for the buck.

Carl is an expert on Loreto.

Jay Murakoshi is an expert on the East Cape.

Next I would go to Christmas Island for wonderful, all wading for Bonefish and Trevally too.

There is some 'off shore / near shore' for Yellowfin tuna, Wahoo, big Trevally, etc.

The Amazon in Brazil was one of my top 10 trips.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill said: "Next I would go to Christmas Island for wonderful, all wading for Bonefish and Trevally too.There is some 'off shore / near shore' for Yellowfin tuna, Wahoo, big Trevally, etc."
    Agree.Plus the wonderful people.Unfortunately places like Astove,Providence and Cosmoledo in the Seychelles are more dream destinations as the cost is prohibitive for the average punter.