This has been an information filled thread.

Like someone said, we have ~27 years of threads/posts you can search about this subject.

Over my life time in the fly fishing business we had many "groups" who go annually to ID/MT.

Some were families, couples, 2 anglers or even 6 to 12 people.

In our Spring in California they would come by our shop getting ready for their annual trips.

Length of trips were usually 9 days to 2 weeks for most.

Some of our retired customers RVed all over for months with others they had met.

Some even had a summer home or family cabin in ID/MT they went to for generations.

Many bought their big ticket items from us and either tied their own flies or bought many at shops on the way.

I always recommend buying flies near your destinations because those shops have a better handle on things.

Many fish the Spring and Fall in Nor Cal and go to ID/MT in the Summer.

Some drift larger rivers daily, other prefer wading small free stone dry fly fishing and many like lakes or spring creeks.

I was so lucky to be invited on an annual trip with Don Rotsma and Rick Jorgensen.

Part of why I was invited was the fact that I just purchased a new Chevy Suburban. LOL

That one trip has to be one my "top 10" trips of my lifetime.

Rick and Don have both fished around the world on saltwater flats, for steelhead and trout.

That year, 1986, Don had gotten a tip from Mike Lawson that some were starting to fish the Missouri river.

Don was fishing a Scott G series 8'8" #2 in 3 pieces most of the time. They are match the hatch guys from the old days.

I bought a new Sage LL 490-2 with an Orvis CFO III reel and a WF4F Peach 444 Cortland fly line.

I could write an entire article about this one trip with two great "Commando" fly fishers.

I think July, August, and September is the time for a trip to Idaho / Montana.

I can get extremely cutting edge information from school teacher / guide David Armocido who retired and

moved from Colusa, CA to Missoula, MT some years ago.

A trout fishing trip to MT/ID in the summer has to be on your 'Bucket List'.